Lean angle display

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smarshies

Reaction score
Forgive me if I've posted in the wrong place or there is already a thread on this you can direct me to, still pretty new to the forum. I have 2015 gen 3. The lean angle display disappears on start up sometimes even though it's on and set to medium. It did it a fair bit today. Can't understand why. Anyone else had this? It's quite annoying! :confusion: cheers for any advice.

You?re not the first to experience intermittent lean angle issues, to my knowledge it?s usually caused by the battery being insufficiently charged. Alternatively, check that the battery terminals are secure

Low battery voltage. Buy som. Battery charger.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

Forgive me if I've posted in the wrong place or there is already a thread on this you can direct me to, still pretty new to the forum. I have 2015 gen 3. The lean angle display disappears on start up sometimes even though it's on and set to medium. It did it a fair bit today. Can't understand why. Anyone else had this? It's quite annoying! :confusion: cheers for any advice.
I have this issue and have tried all advise, waiting for a software update when it gets serviced next[emoji852]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lean Angle Display

This is a really common issue and is normally resolved by checking that the battery terminals are secured tightly and the battery is fully charged.

I am no MotoGP or BSB rider but would be interested in what my lean angle is. I have a 2018 RR and lean angle isn't on my display. Not yet ventured in to Race mode just yet as still finding my way - is this where lean angle exists? Can it be displayed in normal sport mode?

I am no MotoGP or BSB rider but would be interested in what my lean angle is. I have a 2018 RR and lean angle isn't on my display. Not yet ventured in to Race mode just yet as still finding my way - is this where lean angle exists? Can it be displayed in normal sport mode?

The lean angle display isn?t enabled by default.

If you check the settings menu you?ll be able to configure the display to show lean angle, ABS and DTC intervention.

Once all enabled, it is independent of whatever rider mode you select

- Oli

Last edited:
The lean angle display isn?t enabled by default.

If you check the settings menu you?ll be able to configure the display to show lean angle, ABS and DTC intervention.

Once all enabled, it is independent of whatever rider mode you select

- Oli

96fceff1491d501500462de75376d436.jpg

That?s the best I?ve done [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96fceff1491d501500462de75376d436.jpg

That?s the best I?ve done [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent work!

I think I?ve had 56 or 57 degrees on the right before, but not on the left.

It?s extremely satisfying if when you get to the end of a ride, both sides have the same maximum lean angle [emoji41]

With regard to rider modes, if you haven?t already done so I would highly recommend checking out the ?User? mode. So long as the Slick plug is installed, you?ll see Slick and User as options when cycling through the modes. Select User mode, then go into the settings menu and you?ll see a sub-menu called ?setup user? (I think), from there you can pick and choose the individual characteristics you like from each of the default modes (Rain, Sport, Race and Slick).
For example, you may like Race mode in all respects except the more compliant DDC response from the Sport mode

- Oli

Last edited:
Lean Angle

60/61? on track although it stops reading at 65?... or when you crash.

Re: Lean Angle

...It’s extremely satisfying if when you get to the end of a ride, both sides have the same maximum lean angle...
+1 Oli. Glad it's not just me

best ive had on road is 54L 57R, just cant get 57 on the left...
Snap, I've hit 57R but only just got into the 50's on the left. I blame Brands Indy.

60/61? on track although it stops reading at 65?... or when you crash.
I've had her at +80 degrees and I wasn't even on track!
...it was a gravelly drive. :(

Service today and lean angle display is finally fixed, only ever worked when it felt like it, would show lean angle now and again but after service and update it works all the time.
happy days

Daz

Back