Rear Sets - What To Go For?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 445

Reaction score
Rear sets for track wanted but no idea what's good... and what's crap.

Are there any go-to brands / models?

Alpha Racing or Lightech would be my recommendations.
I have the HP rearsets and whilst they?re good, I wouldn?t recommend them due to difficulty replacing individual components

Last edited:
Alpha Racing or Lightech would be my recommendations.
I have the HP rearsets and whilst they?re good, I wouldn?t recommend them due to difficulty replacing individual components
Calsport in Birmingham can supply spares for individual components on the hp rearsets. Spares aren't cheap though!

Calsport in Birmingham can supply spares for individual components on the hp rearsets. Spares aren't cheap though!

From my experience it's just the peg that they can supply. You have to buy the complete left or right side from BMW if you damage them. Doh!!
I think Huge bought PP tuning? which look excellent and they replace them if you damage them. Wish I'd bought them instead of the HP ones tbh.

From my experience it's just the peg that they can supply. You have to buy the complete left or right side from BMW if you damage them. Doh!!
I think Huge bought PP tuning? which look excellent and they replace them if you damage them. Wish I'd bought them instead of the HP ones tbh.

They sent me a parts diagram for each side for every component on them. Only ever had the bracket that the footpeg attaches to though which came within 10 days. Agree I wouldn't buy them again but they look good. Apparently Phil Crowey is making his own and will be available soon!

They sent me a parts diagram for each side for every component on them. Only ever had the bracket that the footpeg attaches to though which came within 10 days. Agree I wouldn't buy them again but they look good. Apparently Phil Crowey is making his own and will be available soon!

Thats great to know, was this just recently? Mine were replaced about a year ago only as a complete unit and I tried Calsport at the time.
Its the face plate (bracket) that is damaged on mine too as it sheared the bolt for the peg. How much was the bracket as a single unit?

Phil Crowe just released his own rearsets and they look amazingly similar to Alpha units...and he intimated that the pegs are the 'same'. So as I would go for Alpha, and these are cheaper it would seem to be a good idea.

Rearsets

I?ve been using alpha Racing rearsets for the last two seasons and I would certainly recommend them. Rearsets from the likes of PP Tuning, Promach et al are all equally as good. However, I would never buy HP rearsets again as getting spare parts for them is incredibly difficult and simply not worth the hassle.

I'm going through this debate now as I've found a good price on a set of HP rearsets but the spare parts issue does concern me. Where are people getting the Alpha Racing rearsets from? Are there any forum discounts?

I've got Lightech and they are brilliant. Crash well and parts can be bought individually, not too expensive and always available. If you do but any aftermarket ones i recommend you get fixed pegs as they help hold the rest of the bike off the tarmac in an off.

Massive thanks for the feedback as always chaps. Will deffo look into the Alpha and Crowe offerings - and avoid the OEM HP!!

If anyone has a used set i might be interested.

I installed Bonamici last week. Looking forward trying them at Donington this week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back