New slip on

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Afternoon guys, can anyone offer a bit of advice on a replacement slip on exhaust for a 2018 S1000rr. Want something with more of a grunt than the standard pipe and also a better look

Steve Butch

the best looking one is the Sc project as it dosnt need a stupid looking rear mount but they are pricey. the akro is nice quality but the rear mount lets it down.imo

Hi Steve, congrats on the purchase of the 2018 great choice you?ll get on with it well.
After riding the 2016 demo bike I had a massive grin on my face with the noise it mad and I put my order in for the 2017 model. Well, the noise was the only disappointment for me as there wasn?t any. Bm promised me that it would be louder once the limiter came off but not by much.
This wasn?t a big issue as it?s a fab bike and enough for me with out getting involved with the expense of headers and a pipe, fuel modules and labour to set up and all the grief that comes with sorting it out.
Until the November show at Birmingham when I met a guy that made aftermarket pipes, who was a ex employee of AR racing.
He builds these pipes for a great price, I just ordered a sticker off eBay and it looks passable. It cost 240 and what a difference it makes to the sound. It hasn?t changed any performance as it?s a slip on but does everything for the ego when you come off throttle or slipping down the gears. It gargles and cackles. Worth a look for the cash if you want a quick, cheap fix. Take care all, not not long till it?s our time for fun[emoji2]
8c622d42638a0f11f78f926354da5f44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neat pipe work and connections for 240 ! Nice one

Thanks, spent the money on the wheels and crash protection. Couldn?t get the full system past the misses. Lol . Not my usual option to go cheap but this was worth the punt for the time being sounds spot on.
Shaun

I just got the new Arrow homologated can. Ordered it from Italy. I just say I think it looks good. I wasn't after more power and wanted to keep the cat etc. so all good.

Attachments

• 2XKNvw32SBOgAtGgYHV4zw.jpg
    2XKNvw32SBOgAtGgYHV4zw.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
Ta, I am pretty pleased. Its all personal taste really. The BMW Akra slip on is a bit of a huge thing and I didn't really fancy it. The AR ones look nice but a bit small hanging off a great big catalyst and I didn't feel the need to go full system and RB module as the bike is miles faster than I ever will be already
Looks the part buddy

Hi Steve, congrats on the purchase of the 2018 great choice you?ll get on with it well.
After riding the 2016 demo bike I had a massive grin on my face with the noise it mad and I put my order in for the 2017 model. Well, the noise was the only disappointment for me as there wasn?t any. Bm promised me that it would be louder once the limiter came off but not by much.
This wasn?t a big issue as it?s a fab bike and enough for me with out getting involved with the expense of headers and a pipe, fuel modules and labour to set up and all the grief that comes with sorting it out.
Until the November show at Birmingham when I met a guy that made aftermarket pipes, who was a ex employee of AR racing.
He builds these pipes for a great price, I just ordered a sticker off eBay and it looks passable. It cost 240 and what a difference it makes to the sound. It hasn?t changed any performance as it?s a slip on but does everything for the ego when you come off throttle or slipping down the gears. It gargles and cackles. Worth a look for the cash if you want a quick, cheap fix. Take care all, not not long till it?s our time for fun[emoji2]
8c622d42638a0f11f78f926354da5f44.jpg

Can looks great, do you have a link to buy one?

Back