Stronger than velcro

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
Hello,

My velcro just came for my experiemental numberplate, just felt it and tested resistance and it really doesnt feel too strong...Don't want it to come off during riding. Whats better than velcro but can also be easily or relatively easily peeled off.

Are you worried about the velcro sticking to the plastic battery tray, number plate or the interlocking velcro itself?

3M VHB tape will stick almost anything - double sided clear tape will do for the first two issues (make sure the surfaces are cleaned with alcohol first.
3M Velcro is available in reels from eBay and the like - never hand anything drop off the bike using it - datalogger etc.

Last edited:
Ahh, I bought the 2M velcro thinking it meant 2 metres long. derp. I'm worried about the velcro unhooking itself, 3M velcro is stronger than 2M?

God knows dont even know what 3M is, Just ordered this 3m thing though hope it feels great :D

Cheers Alex

Thanks for that, Will it be easily removable from battery tray bit thingy after?

It is removable, but it would definitely represent a more ?permanent? solution.
If you check on their site they demonstrate examples of it being removed from a variety of surfaces, though I?ve not personally removed Sugru

I don't even have a number plate light on current setup. Not too fussed about it really :X

3m Dual Lock is the very heavy duty velcro. pm me your address and i will pop you a meter in the post if you want. :)

Thats generous. I bought a reel of it, 7m i think, and it wasnt far off ?10 a meter, from racefoxx. Was a while back, is it a better price now?

popped some in the post 1st class today so might be with you tomorrow. remember theres only one type so its the same on both sides. not like velcros hook and loop.

Last edited:
Back