Engine light on

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malc RR

Reaction score
Hi

Fitted a full Akro system to the bike and now have the engine light on. Thought I had managed to remove cables etc from the servos without moving the feckin things.
Is there anyone in the Essex, Suffolk, Cambridge area that has a plug in jobbie to read and clear the fault code?

Malc

Last edited:
I will check it all over again but indicators work fine and I know the lambda sensors are good. I thought I may have turned the servo slightly when I removed the cables, servo cables all removed and servos plugged back in. Thought this would stop any errors.

That's odd - I have the same setup, no lights.

Something is a miss...I would pull the battery for a bit and see if it fully resets.

Will give that a try tomorrow once ive checked all the connections.

it appears I need a GS911 to connect to the bike, just need to nail down which model I need.

Getting more and more expensive this exhaust. :)

It will run safely...might even turn off after a run. BMW will check/clear the code - it IS cheaper than a GS911 ('17 model for ODBII).
Proper dealers have no issue with Akra systems being fitted - mine was done by bahnstormers at the first service.

Last edited:
Are you sure it's the engine light that's on and not the top left traction light that's staying on, especially after your Dyno run Malc.

Shhh with ya big mouth :untroubled: Don't know what you mean about a dyno run, but it could be the ASC light that I was confusing for the engine warning light. Just need to rtfm to see how to turn it off.

Thanks for all your suggestions gents and apologies if I led you down the wrong path. Didn't want to shout about dyno runs and the like on open forums :cool:

Sorry Malc I didn't realise you didn't want to shout about 8hp, seriously tho if it's the top left light that's staying on it just wants switching back on as it's telling you there's no tc

Yeah no sweat mate, really not an issue and you nailed it with the warning light, insider info helps every time.

Well I know the chart said 208bhp at the back wheel, but I tried it over a set distance where a known speed was achieved.

Std bike with std exhaust and no remap was 168mph

With full Akro and remap I hit 186mph

All testing was carried out on a private track under strict test conditions, the disclosure of the whereabouts of this said track will result in my demise so i'm not telling.

Needless to say I'm very pleased with the result

If you're stuck and are happy to run it up to Norwich, I'll gladly get it plugged in and tell you what it says.

FOC (Obviously).

Back