Soon to be new owner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weebaws

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Quick hello from Brighton.

Soon to be part Exing my Street Triple for a new S1000rr sport. Got some noob questions... hopefully this is the right place:

Are the HP levers worth forking out for or are there better options?

Has anyone with the current gen bike changed the exhaust? What?s the go to option?

Is it possible to use a Kriega US30 on these or do you need something else? Won?t e commuting on it but planning a trip to Europe in May so will need some luggage

Cheers!

Hi, welcome to the forum. HP levers are very nice, expensive, and there are alternative options for sure, plenty of members will be able to advise, as with the exhaust and luggage. Congratulations on your new bike and enjoy the wait :).

Welcome to the forum, where are you getting your new bike from? I like the street triples, you might miss it (not trying to put you off lol).

Last edited:
Cheers guys. Have ordered from Chandlers in brighton.

Hopefully won't miss the Street triple too much. I've never really gelled with it to be honest... time for something very different. Quite a long wait now unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Need to hold off swapping till the end of April so I don't lose a years no claims by changing early. Current insurer won't underwrite the s1000 unfortunately

Welcome to the site.

Most love the HP levers but they are a high price. There are other good brands for less ???s
I have only run Akrapovic exhausts, they are pricey but high quality.

Welcome to the site and enjoy the new bike.
I think you will find you’re going to need bigbaws when you give your new toy the beans. :nightmare:

Need to hold off swapping till the end of April so I don't lose a years no claims by changing early. Current insurer won't underwrite the s1000 unfortunately

Speak to bemoto when you do change, they seem to give most of us cracking deals and theres some deals for forum members with them too.

Welcome to the forum!

Bet you can?t wait till your new steed arrives, whilst Street Triples are excellent bikes, I?m certain you won?t regret the decision buying an RR. They never fail to excite and impress in equal measure!

Re leavers, I?d echo what the others have said.
Re luggage, I am a fan of Kriega so I would recommend their US dry bag setup in conjunction with a Hepco and Becker Sport Rack. Despite the name, it?s not a rack as such, but instead a replacement seat cowl which acts as an extremely secure base for mounting luggage.
To complete the luggage setup, you might also wish to consider a Wunderlich Sport Tank Bag, these don?t interfere with filling up, nor do they impede movement on the bike.
This would make for a very complete setup for touring IMO.

Re exhausts, +1 on what Alex says, Akrapovic are first class, albeit expensive. I would recommend a Rapid Bike Race fuel module to go with it.

Re insurance, BeMoto is a fantastic broker to deal with, though I would recommend getting a quote from MCE too as in my case, MCE were cheaper ... though I?d like to do business with BeMoto lol!

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here as you are no doubt realising already. Furthermore, there is loads of information.
Enjoy the excitement/anticipation waiting for your new bike and may you have many more happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Welcome to the forum!

Bet you can?t wait till your new steed arrives, whilst Street Triples are excellent bikes, I?m certain you won?t regret the decision buying an RR. They never fail to excite and impress in equal measure!

Re leavers, I?d echo what the others have said.
Re luggage, I am a fan of Kriega so I would recommend their US dry bag setup in conjunction with a Hepco and Becker Sport Rack. Despite the name, it?s not a rack as such, but instead a replacement seat cowl which acts as an extremely secure base for mounting luggage.
To complete the luggage setup, you might also wish to consider a Wunderlich Sport Tank Bag, these don?t interfere with filling up, nor do they impede movement on the bike.
This would make for a very complete setup for touring IMO.

Re exhausts, +1 on what Alex says, Akrapovic are first class, albeit expensive. I would recommend a Rapid Bike Race fuel module to go with it.

Re insurance, BeMoto is a fantastic broker to deal with, though I would recommend getting a quote from MCE too as in my case, MCE were cheaper ... though I?d like to do business with BeMoto lol!

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here as you are no doubt realising already. Furthermore, there is loads of information.
Enjoy the excitement/anticipation waiting for your new bike and may you have many more happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli
Thanks Oli. The sport rack looks like a good bit of kit.

With the Akrapovic exhausts, do most go for a full system to ditch the collector box or just a Can?

Thanks Oli. The sport rack looks like a good bit of kit.

With the Akrapovic exhausts, do most go for a full system to ditch the collector box or just a Can?

Most go for slip-ons, not necessarily Akrapovic though as it?s expensive, big and doesn?t change the sound ?that? much.

The slip-on vs full system debate is a classic conundrum lol.
Personally, if you want to get rid of the collector box and let the sound out, I would recommend going for a quality full system and fuel module.
You?ll save considerable weight, increase performance and transform the sound.
However, installing full systems is a far more involved and expensive process than a slip-on, so I would recommend thinking it through fully so as to not be surprised by unexpected additional costs and impracticalities

Most go for slip-ons, not necessarily Akrapovic though as it?s expensive, big and doesn?t change the sound ?that? much.

The slip-on vs full system debate is a classic conundrum lol.
Personally, if you want to get rid of the collector box and let the sound out, I would recommend going for a quality full system and fuel module.
You?ll save considerable weight, increase performance and transform the sound.
However, installing full systems is a far more involved and expensive process than a slip-on, so I would recommend thinking it through fully so as to not be surprised by unexpected additional costs and impracticalities
I noticed arrow do a short slip on, I've been quite pleased with the arrow can in my triumph. Anyone gone for one of those?

Well didn't end up buying one earlier this year.. house move and a few other bits got in the way.

Pleased to say I've picked this up today though. Got out for a quick run down the A7.

Definitely needs an exhaust and something to cure the vibration through the clip ons. Otherwise cracking bike. Way too easy to go quickly... few times caught myself doing a good 20-30 mph faster than I thought I was
a3d736c6905690a7a5b79de821500d03.jpg

Congratulations on your new RR @Weebaws

With regard to clip-on vibration, I would highly recommend you contact @GixxerChuck for a set of Positive Vibes bar ends. They are superb.

Hope you?re settled in to your new home now too?

- Oli

Last edited:
Hey Weebaws. Double congrats on your purchase AND for living in the best city in the UK.
Note that I didn't say best 'place' in the UK. After the NC500 this year, that's gonna be a toss up between Scottyland and Wales for bike fun.
Did you get any track days on the Streety? Quite often see them at Brands. I had a Speed Triple one before last, and loved it.

Last edited:
Back