Hi

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smarshies

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just posting my welcome message as i'm new to the forum. Hope you're all well. I'm 47 from Doncaster. Had my s1000rr gen 3 from new since March 2016 in Motorsport colours. Been riding for 9 years and love it. Decided this year to put track fairings on it and give it a go on the track instead of the road. Fairly new to trackdays only having done 4 previously but looking forward to it. Considered myself fairly quick on the road but realise that won't translate to the track so certainly a case of all the gear and no idea to start with.. lol. I'll see how it goes. Also realised that I was going quicker and quicker on the road and that's not the place to do it. Had a small low speed 'off' last year coming off a roundabout (front wheel tucked on gravel in the middle of the road) which gave me a wake up call not to take it all for granted. Bike was fine apart from it slid down the road on its side and ruined the new sc project exhaust can I had on! Crash bobbins and engine protection worked a treat though. Broke my little finger and fractured my wrist when it high sided me at only 30mph but what really woke me up was as I looked up watching the bike slide down the road away from me was an HGV approaching from the other direction emergency brake as it approached the roundabout to avoid hitting my bike! The bike could have been me and the HGV driver might not have been so alert! I'd been pushing it that day so it was a wake up call for sure. Really enjoyed my previous trackdays so I'll see how it goes. Ran 1.48 at cadwell last but I have a lot to learn but looking forward to it. About time the warmer weather was here winter is too long.
Sorry for the novel but it did say don't just say hi.. lol
Looking forward to the advice on here. All the best.

Hi, welcome to the forum. Interesting read. I have gone down a similar realisation without the falling off but still enjoy road riding :).

1.48 is a decent time around Cadwell, I wouldnt put yourself down on that. Enjoy the forum.

Is your local dealer Rotherham, now part of Alan Jeffries?

Once I'd had the first service and they'd derestricted it after 600 miles... wow.. straight into race mode where it's been ever since. It's on another level to the blade. Love it. Scary quick. It's got an endless quest to headbutt the horizon.. lol 😜. What do you have Phil?

Welcome to the forum!

As Flyingscotsman says, am sorry to hear of your off and injuries, how is your wrist now?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
Hope you have many more happy and safe miles ahead of you and that you enjoy your track riding adventure [emoji4]

Oli

Thanks Oli. Wrist is good to go so as i say I'll take the postIves and learn from it ��
Tracking is another skill set so it will be good. (Although not a cheap hobby from what I hear��)

Once I'd had the first service and they'd derestricted it after 600 miles... wow.. straight into race mode where it's been ever since. It's on another level to the blade. Love it. Scary quick. It's got an endless quest to headbutt the horizon.. lol 😜. What do you have Phil?
I have just px'd my 2010 RR which I had from new, I bought a KTM Superduke GT.
I had a 954 blade, 2004, then 2006 blade, loved them all but didnt like the 2008 (on) looks so I waited for something else, guess what walked into the party? S1000RR, so much better than any other bike in 2010! I would have bought another but after 8 years of ownership I wanted a change.

ps I love Yorkshire, going back up in May.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome, great intro.
If you?re running 1:48?s at Cadwell you?re more than ready for the track (more seriously).
The bike looks mint in its new track clothes!

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Hi Smarshies, welcome to the site. Keep her rubber side down my friend.

Lots of track oriented folks on here.

JimmyMac

Hi and welcome to the forum. I missed your posts completely!
Glad all is ok with you and the bike and it hasn't put you off.
Im the same as you, thinking more track than road as the luck won't always be there. Sliding on track is certainly safer, and a whole lot less painful dusting off the kitty litter than hitting any of the road side furniture.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I missed your posts completely!
Glad all is ok with you and the bike and it hasn't put you off.
Im the same as you, thinking more track than road as the luck won't always be there. Sliding on track is certainly safer, and a whole lot less painful dusting off the kitty litter than hitting any of the road side furniture.

Thanks Loupe. Not put me off at all. Love my bike. Bet there are some awesome roads up your way. All the best.

Back