Optimate?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitey

Reaction score
Alright lads,
What sort of optimate type charger do you recommend/use for s1000rr 2012?
Cheers Whitey

I use a ctek 0.8 with the convenience plug attached to the bike.

Last edited:
CTEK for me. They are nicely made and with lots of adapter accessories if you need them. Ive got a 1977 VW Camper that has main and leisure batteries on CTEK trickle chargers and both my bikes.

We certainly love our camper. Its a 1977 VW Westfalia Campmobile (Berlin) to be a real anorak about it. Its a left hand drive USA import and is in pretty good nick. Its now a 2056cc pushing out a mighty 85 bhp. We've got solar panels on it so I can run a fridge and cool beer indefinitely.

Here it is

Camper must be a bit special , 1977 ???

Attachments

• IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    668.7 KB · Views: 90
I'm not really into campers Bertie but I can tell that one is a beauty, you clearly love it/her?

C'mon it must have a name...........

JimmyMac

Hahaha...yes indeed. Its a "she" and is called Myrtle. To give you an idea of how attached my lot are to her - Linda and me are getting new Wills drawn up and Linda made clear that Myrtle will be left to my daughter Tiegan as a specific bequest. As background, Tiegan has now done 3 engine out and reinstalls with me on the bus and as an engineering project last summer she converted Myrtle to power steering using a Litespeed kit. I supported and checked for safety but she did the lot - she was 15 years old at the time she did the steering and the photo of the two of us with the engine out was her at 13 #startemyoung!!

QUOTE=JimmyMac;109683]I'm not really into campers Bertie but I can tell that one is a beauty, you clearly love it/her?

C'mon it must have a name...........

JimmyMac[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• DSC02284.jpg
    DSC02284.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
  • Proud me (1).jpg
    Proud me (1).jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 68
That is fantastic, I love it when kids really get involved, she will recount the stories about her and Grandad rebuilding Myrtle to her children some day.

You clearly have a lovely family Bertie, look after them and they'll look after you.

JimmyMac

.........and back on topic. I use CTEK for bus and bikes and their standard connectors allow solar panels, fridge etc. connection dead easy. The sockets are weatherproof too so I have short trailing leads on the bikes so I can trickle charge whenever they are in the garage without needing to remove the seat or anything

Thanks for replys and advice/recommendations think I'll try the ctek has good reviews and cheaper than the optimate. If I ever buy a camper van I know who to ask for advice!!
Cheers Whitey.

That is fantastic, I love it when kids really get involved, she will recount the stories about her and Grandad rebuilding Myrtle to her children some day.

You clearly have a lovely family Bertie, look after them and they'll look after you.

JimmyMac

#s1000rrcommunity #reallife

+1 That is a great story Bertie. Hope your daughter goes on to be an engineer / scientist / technologist

She's a bright kid. She won a national Engineering scholarship last year and wants to study Aerospace Engineering at Uni. Great fun to work with as she is a bit of a natural at it

Yes you can but they are expensive as you need separate monitoring and maintaining of each battery rather than just "charge" as they don't want to overcharge etc. Here is a link to an Optimate one but its ?435 plus VAT. https://accumate.co.uk/optimate pro-8.htm

Cheaper and easier to buy separate CTEKs

Anyone got a optimiser that will conect to multiple bikes? At the moment i have 4 bikes in the garage for the winter, and 2 chargers getting shared amongst them. was thinking about getting a charger that would do more than 1 bike at a time, to save swapping them over

I have used optimates for years & they have always done the job. Even use it to charge my sons OSET

Never used one in 7 yrs of biking. The r1 (2004) has original battery and the 2014 as the oem battery as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back