QS problem

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbob

Reaction score
Not being a mechanical genius , does anyone know if fitting a system might affect my quick shifter
I recently fitted a full system and the correct map and i noticed the QS wasn't quite as sharp as it was
this has since turned into dont work at all.
Any ideas anyone

Thanks in advance

The system and the map should not effect the QS, the QS is just a switch to cut the ignition for a split second to allow the bike to change gear.

I had a QS on a track bike made by BAZZAZ and new out the box it would not work, i changed the QS switch and hay presto it worked.

If its was not as sharp and now stopped i would guess at the QS has failed.

Dave

It is know that the BMW QS is total crap. When you have it parked up, just have a looked at the angle of movment required in the foot lever to actuate it. HM do a fantastic item, it is costly at £380 but you will appreciate how well it works, it also works on race shift too. I know the guys at Pro-shift have developed a QS that is faster than anything on the market, not sure on the price but give them a call and ask for Ian.

Finchy link=topic=1242.msg11487#msg11487 date=1344436460 said:
It is know that the BMW QS is total crap. When you have it parked up, just have a looked at the angle of movment required in the foot lever to actuate it. HM do a fantastic item, it is costly at £380 but you will appreciate how well it works, it also works on race shift too. I know the guys at Pro-shift have developed a QS that is faster than anything on the market, not sure on the price but give them a call and ask for Ian.
Works fine with my HP rear sets,no crazy movement,just a nice smooth shift. Maybe with the original sets it's not so good?

Mine works fine with my AP rearsets in race shift. It also worked fine with them in standard shift and with the OEM ones before the APs were fitted.

No I mean the Qs itself, check the small shaft that goes inside it from the lever end.. when you move it it pull out/in by around 5mm. Its a physical movement item rather than a pressure sensor.

As it turns out a little sensor on the qs is broke , only you have to buy the whole unit at £324+vat
So luckily for me I have 2 months warranty left
They also replaced my light so still good service
To be fair it's done many gear changes , and not all of good ones ::)

I'd still consider an upgrade bud, or atleast try a bike with a better one then you will see what I mean. The standard one is really poor in performance.

Yeah , Ive used an HM one before which is proper smooth , However the "doesnt cost any money option" is the one my mrs favours :-[

fatbob link=topic=1242.msg11548#msg11548 date=1344585875 said:
Williams from Manchester , Can't fault them really , service always seems pretty good.

I would not argue with that.

You can't knock that that great service alot of stealerships would scratch there chins sorry BUT your warranty is void aftermarket parts fitted etc

Back