How fast does it go mister?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Evening all.
Off to Germany later this year. Gonna find some Autobahn and see what happens fully wound up in 6th. Apparently our bikes will do over 70mph, lol.
Seriously though, I presume a limiter kicks in at an indicated 186mph? If so, that's not even 170mph actual speed on my bike (yawn).
I hear it's a pain to get the 10% speed over-stating removed. How much of a pain is it?
BTW, I know there are all sorts of variables that affect the 10% over-stating but I am Mr stock, I don't even change my tyre pressures at track days. CBA and I like what I know.
Your erudition and derision are welcome.
Cheers
Huge

I believe the top speed is a genuine 186 mph with stock gearing, though as the speedo?s over-read the speedo will indicate 186 mph before you actually reach said speed

Last edited:
I've had mine indicating 189 and I did notice the revs still climbing a little, got a greasy mark on the inside of my visor from my nose there was so much wind, it was dark, wet road and raining, seriously don't know what got into me but wow it was a real adrenaline rush.

Enjoy it Hugh, ohh and stiffen up the rear to stop the front from going light and wobbly.

JimmyMac

It keeps going up if u lift the restrictor through the rb ... extra 1000 revs ...

How did ya do that. I couldn't find it today

I've had mine indicating 189 and I did notice the revs still climbing a little, got a greasy mark on the inside of my visor from my nose there was so much wind, it was dark, wet road and raining, seriously don't know what got into me but wow it was a real adrenaline rush.

Enjoy it Hugh, ohh and stiffen up the rear to stop the front from going light and wobbly.

JimmyMac

We do silly things a times. On a foggy long bumpy road. I met the welcome to capcuinn sign at about 140.

I definitely never did a GPS indicated 173 on an RC8R on a deserted A11 on my way to Snetterton one sunday morning. It was a friend of mine... on an autobahn... in another dimension... officer.

Evening all.
Off to Germany later this year. Gonna find some Autobahn and see what happens fully wound up in 6th.
Just a heads up mate, not all of the Autobahns are de-restricted. Its safe where they are, not safe where not.

ps dont forget to take your luggage off lol.

Last edited:
I've had 188 indicated before im pretty sure, but not sure how as it's restricted to 186 indicated

I’ve had 186 few times on motorway but in that speed it is very hard to look on the speedometer so I’m not sure about the revs ;( but it not was a end of 6th gear because I didn’t hear a end of gear like on the red end ;) so probably revs still have gap

I?ve had mine to 186, the speedo stopped at 186 but it keeps on reving to the red line. So you won?t know how fast your going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back