Brake pads

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cr500kev

Reaction score
Anyone got any good recommendations of brake pads.
Want some pads to replace the brembo ones I have currently in mine as they like to cover my bike in brake dust. Never seen pads produce so much dust.

OEM Brake Pads

Never seen pads produce so much dust.

That's a bit strange especially with OEM brake pads. I've used the OEM pads fairly extensively on track and never really experienced that. The only time I've noticed excessive brake dust all over the calipers, wheels and lower fairings is when using dual compound race pads.

As for which brake pads to buy have a search through the Forum as there are loads of threads on the topic with lots of recommendations.

Prob go Armstrong or ebc

I just googled Armstrong as I had never heard of them. All I can see is people saying they are cheap and dangerous.

EBC have a rep of killing discs.

Brembo
Carbon Loraine
Performance Friction
Bendix
SBS
Vesrah

^ these are the brands I?ve seen good reviews on...

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Last edited:
cheers alex
I used ebc pads on my zx10r but had Armstrong disks and worked spot on so
thought Armstrong would be ok in there pads.
perhaps I might go for a harder brembo pads
see what they like

Last edited:
I swear by Brembo SC compound. They work cold and stopping power is excellent .
Abit pricey through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gave my calipers a clean today and found my pads were in a shocking state.....are the brembo sc's worth the extra 20 quid over the sa's and where's the best place to order from? Cheers.

Yes the scs are great pads, I buy from carpimoto but you are best doing a search for the best deal as prices everywhere tend to fluctuate.

Back