IRC Quickshifter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacRR

Reaction score
Got an email from BikeHPS highlighting an 'updated for 2018' IRC quickshifter & autoblipper for all S1K and HP4 models, not cheap at ?674 (although you'd pay that for a slip on can!) but a worthwhile upgrade if you don't have a gen3?
[h=3]BMW S1000RR 2010-2015 & HP4[/h]

[+] CLICK HERE FOR MORE IMAGES...

[h=2]IRC Components SGRace Automatic Clutchless DownShift Throttle Blipper & Enhanced Quickshifter System for BMW S1000RR & HP4 2010-2015[/h]Ref: 64461

Gain super-quick, fully-automated, blipped and entirely clutchless downshifting by simply pressing your gear lever, as normal.

Benefit from the same technology as supplied direct from IRC to motorcycle manufacturers and race teams at all levels, up to MotoGP.

Easy to install and completely plug-and-play to all the original OEM connectors on your bike and with ultra-reliable load-cell (strain gauge) shift rod sensor.

If your bike already has an original equipment factory-fitted Quickshifter, this kit's included shift rod sensor will continue to activate it and (because it?s adjustable) provide an enhanced shift action.

• Updated 2018 system for with enhanced functionality
  • True plug-and-play installation (no wire cutting/splicing)
  • All required parts included
  • Pressure-adjustable load-cell (strain gauge) rod sensor
  • Configurable for road or race (reverse) gearshift pattern
  • Selectable downshift blip time, and minimum revs lockout
  • Automatic 1st gear blip disablement (prevents unwanted blips when coming to rest)
  • Easy to follow installation and set-up instructions
  • 4 year Warranty from HPS

Hi Mac,
I like the sound of this, do you know how good they are and if they're easy to fit. I'm pretty good with spanners but nowadays I'm lazy, I'm that lazy pulling the clutch lever seems like too much effort. Appreciate you putting it on the forum mate, hadn't really considered anything like this but you've got me thinking.

There was a guy with an hp4 who had fitted one but he hasnt been on for a good while, i dont think he had any issues.

I cant comment on how easy they are to fit, perhaps ask bikehps to send you a copy of the fitting instructions as a simple job for one person could be a nightmare for another.

I can't imagine it would be very difficult to install as it's 'Plug & Play'. I suspect it will be somewhat time consuming though!

Hi Mac,
I like the sound of this, do you know how good they are and if they're easy to fit. I'm pretty good with spanners but nowadays I'm lazy, I'm that lazy pulling the clutch lever seems like too much effort. Appreciate you putting it on the forum mate, hadn't really considered anything like this but you've got me thinking.

Hi Gazzy, I posted it up because of all the recent innovations in bike tech I've found the autoblipper to be the one that's given me the most benefit and satisfaction each and every time I go out on my bike and although 600 quid is 600 quid its hell of a lot more use than many other bike related things you could spend that kind of money on. I can't comment on how tricky it is to fit but as Soof says give bikeHPS a call and I'm sure they'll give you some advice.

You are spot on about the falling cost of the tech mac. A couple of years ago, think it was pro-shift or someone like that, did/do a race blipper for the hp4, something like ?3k fitted ffs. I dont know if you recall but one of the members here had it fitted to his hp4. Ok so it was used at the TT by race teams but ?3k, I would be counting the pounds every time I blipped the bike. He sold his bike after his son became paralysed after a crash on track, I doubt he got any of that investment back, sad really.

Yeah I remember him, stunning bike he had, very sad situation all round

I'll speak to HPS and let you know what they say. I like the idea of the auto blip but couldn't part with my 2011. I've put Gilles rearsets on it, Heli bars, Sargent seat, de cat, A.P. silencer and a full paint job along with stainless everywhere and loads of other bits. It's my bike now, if you know what I mean, this just seems the one big thing missing over the later bikes, I know there's loads of other changes but to me this is the big one.

I?m the same mate love my 14 but would love an auto blipper! I know Alpha we?re updating there irc based one but would like to know what updates have been done :)

Hi lads, I had a irc blipper on my aprilia and it was simple to fit, it just needed little adjustments on the settings from what they said on the fittings instructions, It was a great bit of kit and now iam looking at getting one for my bmw

Looking for help - Ive just had an IRC Auto Blipper / Quicksifter fitted & they are having problems as it will downshif but wont upshift.
Any guys out there fitted one and had same problem ?

Back