Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What disc lock do you use?

Riding
    S1000RR, 1299 Pan

Re: What disc lock do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by preynol1 View Post
    Nothing came of it as we could not meet the minimum guaranteed buyers to get an official discount.

£165 delivered sounds good, itís better than the UK rep offered on over 30 on bulk orders.

To be honest even at £165 itís still a lot for a disc-lock, and Iím not sure itís officially rated by thatcham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iím not sure about ratings, but itís another convenient deterrent & as a percentage of our bikes value & maintenance, I personally do not think itís excessive.

As stated, my post was just a heads up for interested members.

Chris has sold to numerous members on the red forum, so there seems to be a demand.

It was good of you to look into it, perhaps contact Chris to see if his bulk buy limit is lower?

Rossi that was not a dig at your contact, just a statement of fact when I was looking into it.

I appreciate they are convenient.

Riding
    S1000RR, 1299 Pan

Quote Originally Posted by preynol1 View Post
    Rossi that was not a dig at your contact, just a statement of fact when I was looking into it.

I appreciate they are convenient.

Rossi lol, appreciate the compliment, name came coz I Ďspent timeí with a plus size red head in Italy.
    I ride like I just bought it..

Riding
    S1000RR, 1299 Pan

Finally got round to fitting it today, literally took 10 minutes to do & Chris even gave recommendation on which size spacer to use based on the bike.
    Additionally, he provided replacement bolts specifically for the RR with the correct torque setting stated on the front.
    If any members decide to go down this route, let us know how you get on.

Riding
    2015 blue

I have had the Roadlok fitted to my bike for the last two years and today I have decided to remove it. It is very convenient to have attached permanently to the bike and I do not like the idea of carrying anything solid in my jacket or belt that could do serious damage to my organs in the event of and off. I have just been left too frustrated in trying to remove the locking pin on many occasions. It gets stuck despite regular cleaning. I am aware that you don’t clean it with WD40 etc and I have followed the recommendations to use graphite powder. The locking pin just sticks too often for my liking. Today I locked the bike up using it and when I returned I spent over ten minutes trying to release the locking pin. I honestly thought I was going to be stranded as it wouldn’t be covered under the BMW recovery process. This was the last straw. I will entertain any sensible offer if you want to give it a go.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richy170 For This Useful Post:

Riding
    KTM Superduke GT

Quote Originally Posted by richy170 View Post
    I have just been left too frustrated in trying to remove the locking pin on many occasions. It gets stuck despite regular cleaning. I am aware that you don’t clean it with WD40 etc and I have followed the recommendations to use graphite powder.
    Mmmm, why dont you use WD40 ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to phil For This Useful Post:

Oli

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Wonder if GT85 or similar would help? Maybe some ACF-50 (that might be too thick).

Shame it's not worked out as it seems very good but the pin jamming would be a complete fecker for me too. Having said that I've had issues before with my Oxford Monster not coming off...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alex For This Useful Post:

Oli

Riding
    2015 blue

WD40 and alike are great for freeing up the sticking pin and lubricating it but ultimately they will just attract more road grime and make the problem escalate. Thatís why the graphite powder is recommended.

Riding
    KTM Superduke GT

Quote Originally Posted by richy170 View Post
    WD40 and alike are great for freeing up the sticking pin and lubricating it but ultimately they will just attract more road grime and make the problem escalate. That’s why the graphite powder is recommended.
    That recommendation is not a good one, using Graphite will not clean the lock, it is a dry lubricant. Using graphite will eventually clog the lock along with any road grime that happens to enter the keyway.

Riding
    2015 blue

Hi Phil,
    You are probably right, the graphite powder was on recommendation from Roadlok. However my experience is that the locking pin has stuck more since I used the powder than cleaning and lubricating with WD40 or GT 85. Basically I can’t win which is why I am binning the Roadlok.