What disc lock do you use?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm sports bike and unsprung weight...

I use a Oxford boss on my BMW and abus alarm on my commuter drz both are good locks.

Oxford for strength and abus for ease.

Hmm sports bike and unsprung weight...

I use a Oxford boss on my BMW and abus alarm on my commuter drz both are good locks.

Oxford for strength and abus for ease.
I was of the same mind originally. But for the convenience it now seems a reasonable price to pay.

- Alex

QUOTE=towers040;115599]I'm in America next month if anyone wants one bringing back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Thats a great offer mate I would like to take you up on that if I could? cheers J

Just got a reply from the Roadlok rep in the UK.

"Hi Paul,
I definitely want to work with you on this - you may have noticed on our website that we are currently back ordered until June. As such, we're offering a 15% discount to anyone purchasing during the backorder.

I'd be hesitant to organize a group buy while we're backordered because I want to make sure we can get product to you right away, but we could certainly work out a larger discount if you have several buyers. In the past we have done this by providing a page with a simple questionnaire that your forum members can fill out to indicate their interest in participating. After a certain time period we can close down the questionnaire and issue payment invoices through PayPal to the participants.

Once we confirm payments that satisfy the discount requirement all of the locks would be released for shipment. The size of the discount would go up based on participants - 15 locks for 25%, 30 locks for 35%, and 40 locks for 40%. On top of the retail cost, each customer would have to pay the shipping cost which is around $25 to the UK. Customers may also be responsible for import duties when the packages arrive, which would be paid separately to your local post.

If this process sounds reasonable to you I can show you a sample of what the form would look like where we'd gather information from the buyers and figure out a time to start."​

From the website XRA Eurosport RH or LH and will fit all gen of S1000RR. It also shows it as fitting HP4 and HP2 models all years as well. But please check!

I've worked out that Prices at the moment with Google exchange rate and 15% current discount are approx ?195 without duty. (Approx ?5 from google).

For a single order with the current 15% discount, ?200 all in
15 members want one the price reduces to ?180 all in.
30 members is reduces to ?170 all in.

Unless BMW change hole centers of caliper bolts on 2019 model this should be transferable.

Whats you thoughts before I go back to Ian and the page gets zero responses?

Last edited by a moderator:
Put me down as definitely wanting one (and behalf of a mate). By the way as well as XRA Eurosport its the BMW one as they do BMW and non-BMW which I think may be pin diameter to match the holes in the brake disc

Looking back over the post and replies I have the following as interested.

Oli
Alex
Rosso
AndyF
Ravifuel
Imortal Indian
Ronners
Huge
Stynett800
Bertie
Stalker34
Preynol1 ME!

Only 12 any more for any more before i go back to Ian?

I doubt it. Fitting a tracker, alarm, ground anchor and lock made bugger all difference to my last quote.

Looking back over the post and replies I have the following as interested.

Oli
Alex
Rosso
AndyF
Ravifuel
Imortal Indian
Ronners
Huge
Stynett800
Bertie
Stalker34
Preynol1 ME!

Only 12 any more for any more before i go back to Ian?

I?m going to go back to Ian with approx numbers. So he can set the link up.

I know interest is down to 11. Can you confirm how serious you guys are to buy as I don?t want to negotiate on the minimum number and then only one buys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in no rush - kinda spent out from the NC and picking up some other bits. Easier to do it next month. So as long as there is no rush I will commit.

Does it come in a specific colour?

Latest response from UK Rep.

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately we are still backordered but expect to have the parts we need to resume shipping next week.

The correct model for the S1000RR is the XRA Eurosport, specified for BMW which uses different mounting hardware than other brands.

I would have all of those interested in participating enter their bike information so that we can confirm the correct model for fitment on our end.

Let's plan to follow up next week when I have a better idea of availability and then I could start collecting information from those interested and see what kind of discount we can put together.

Thanks again - we definitely want to get everyone locked up!

Best Regards,

Ian McCarthy
ROADLOK

www.roadlok.com

NEW HAMPTON TECHNOLOGIES. LLC d/b/a ROADLOK

The information contained within this message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify your representative immediately and delete this message from your computer. Thank you.

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 1:25 PM, paul reynolds <[email protected]> wrote:

Unfortunately my brief passionate love affair with the S1000RR has come than end due to old injuries, alas its gets traded on Wednesday for an adventure bike. So I will no longer be needing a roadlok.

Gents

I?m not sure if anything came from the group buy , but there is a respected member, Chris, on the Ducati forum selling these for ?168 delivered!

He?s a pleasure to deal with & the product is the real deal. I have no financial interest in this, just thought it may be of interest to forum members at such a keen price.

Just mention this forum & perhaps my name. He?s given me permission to share his details.

[email protected]

Cheers
Vic

Gents

I?m not sure if anything came from the group buy , but there is a respected member, Chris, on the Ducati forum selling these for ?168 delivered!

He?s a pleasure to deal with & the product is the real deal. I have no financial interest in this, just thought it may be of interest to forum members at such a keen price.

Just mention this forum & perhaps my name. He?s given me permission to share his details.

[email protected]

Cheers
Vic

Nothing came of it as we could not meet the minimum guaranteed buyers to get an official discount.

?165 delivered sounds good, it?s better than the UK rep offered on over 30 on bulk orders.

To be honest even at ?165 it?s still a lot for a disc-lock, and I?m not sure it?s officially rated by thatcham

Back