Rapidbike race vs evo

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep us informed. I downloaded the update but am yet to connect the bike yet.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Wanna be the guinea pig and see if it's just mine. You feeling lucky ����
You might have flattened the battery while you?ve been playing around. My DTC went mad constantly clicking too when my battery ran low.

I'd be surprised. It starts like normal. How much power does it take to sit there turned on

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair in a week from emailing the issue it's back and all and fine. The software had a error in updating and wiped it. Flashed back on and perfect job.

And the race version came so if it would please stop snowing.

I'll also be selling the Evo with a new loom and bits if anyone wants

Yes I had the bike ignition on but there was nothing to say not to.

I'd say I've had updates before like that.

Na it was snowing here yesterday.

To be fair tho the service from them was perfect.

As far as I remember. I turned on bike ignition (for full options on the computer)

Connected rapidbike to computer.

Opened program. It asked do I want the program update. Clicked yes. Program updated and reopened.

Then sed there's a update for the unit. Will it update. Clicked yes. Reopened with issue

If it's a issue bike on or off the alert should tell you to turn off bike before updating.

But bike was never started before issue cropped up just ignition on

Sounds like you were unlucky. I think I?d better review the process before I update

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Popped out for Abit yesterday despite wet and dropping tempatures. Popped into someone and spin home was 1 degree and wet roads.

Not ideal. Once it got past the few pulls it reved cleanly. It's hard to gauge power in those temps on wet roads but the popping and bangs are back.

The overrun noise from high revs is mental

Yup. It definitely was Abit fluffy for the first 5 mins. I'd be curious what it changed. But ya seemed great after. Need some dry roads ffs. It's just started snowing here again

I installed race version on 2016 model yesterday.

I'm a bit worried about power cut off, tolerance setting is currently set to 0.

Is it common for people to set it to -1 straight-away ?
Unfortunately, I don't have a way to test it until a next track day on Thursday and there, I dont really want to waste any time (coming back to pitlane, plugging laptop and etc).

Is there anyway to figure out in advance whether I need to set tolerance to -1 ? can I rev it up idle in the garage now ?

Turned out not that scary as I thought.

Yes I had random power cuts past 12k rpms, they were fun actually, makes you feel the bike better when it's all over the place when this happens. Anyways, set Tolerance to -1 and it all went away.

So, I dropped $1.2k on rapidbike and I can't tell a difference vs. stock at a race track.

Hey all

Ive bought the Race version off Chocolatier (thanks Gary)

Gary had a couple of maps which he passed on to me.

First question - In order to get the software. I've signed up on the Dimsport website. Do I need to download the programme on with laptop from there?

Second question - How do I load another map onto the unit?

Many thanks

Mark

Back