Rapidbike race vs evo

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corkgsxr

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Evo. It's fine out 190 hp. (2017 with Yoshi system)

But I'm curious does the race version make much difference to the mid-range. Or is it all top end.*

Or is there differences I'm missing

@alex @Jay S1000rr

I?m no expert on this, but I believe the main difference between the two modules, is that the Race module provides ignition timing adjustment.

From memory, when Alex had his Race unit mapped on a 17 RR, the ignition timing was adjusted at the top end, for some additional gains.

Don?t quote me on this though as Jay and Alex are the forum experts on these modules

We've been chatting on PM...I'm of the opinion it's diminishing returns and that he's grabbed most of the performance he could already.

But, I'm always tinkering so it's not like I take my own advice!!

Just to highlight alot of this is curiosity between the 2 units that me needing more power.

I'll post the Dyno sheet when I get home in 10/15

dyno s1000rr.jpg

worth saying tho after this i blocked the pair valve as it was messing with the autotune, that was clear at cruising at part throttle on the dyno

Last edited:
Small note: Actually mine is a totally different map - HM chose to start fresh - but they certainly reviewed yours first.

From the evidence I've seen, the '17's are making 17x BHP at the wheel out of the crate, but with more torque. The days, with this engine, of making 200+ are gone IMO, without parts changes. But I'm OK with that as the drive in the midrange is much better.

These are the RWHP figures I've seen stock.
Gen1 Screamer engine - 199
Gen2 Heavy Crank / Big Exhaust Port - 192
Gen3 Heavy Crank / Smaller Port - 184
Gen3 Euro4 - 176

Last edited:
After that Dyno set. When I got home I blocked the pair valve. I thought the pair wouldn't affect. It was obvious on the Dyno it was.

That was one part that I didn't like on install. There was no left or right to the connections to the lamdas.
On the instructions they laid it out to the left along the bike and then only one fits to the left.

I'd like to fit the race module to see what difference it does make to it.

Also because I think that was in PM's. On same day a 15 with a racefit pipe made 192 with a slightly smaller mid-range.

Just for comparison of the dyno

A Superstock bike which has no warranty concerns will be mapped via the RCK.
People don?t get the RCK done to bikes they want to remain under warranty.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

so BMW keep the warranty with a rapidbike?

Yes, because fuel modules make no permanent changes to the bike, so in the (unlikely) event of a major engine related warranty claim, the unit could simply be removed.
The same principle applies to full systems.

The BMW Race enabled ECU?s and RCK are matched to the bikes serial number and are permanent.
The race enabled ECU restricts the warranty, the RCK invalidates the warranty

RapidBike

... allowed under bsb superstock regs?

You are permitted to use them (or any other fuel management module) in SSTK but they must be declared during scrutineering. That and certain functions are not allowed to be used and race control do check at every round. Fitting any form of Auto Tuning device is absolutely not allowed and is outlawed in the regulations. Most BMW SSTK teams are using the RCK so have no need to fit one.

Slight issue.

Connected to computer. On startup it sed new updates available do you want to update. Ya ya.

Now it says "warning module cannot be install on vehicle as it is not programmed"

When it opens it's set for "test Evo SM Honda"

Any ideas how I fix this.

If I try send the file to the Evo. It says the file is for a different model. It seems all of a sudden it's set for a Honda and won't let me change

Yup calsport.

It won't let me load maps from before or anything BMW related.

The latest firmware file that's there is 17th of 18. And it fails to update. Just keeps asking will it retry

Yup calsport.

It won't let me load maps from before or anything BMW related.

The latest firmware file that's there is 17th of 18. And it fails to update. Just keeps asking will it retry

Liam is the uk agent but you can mail dimsport too.

I've a mail sent to calsport there. I'll see what they say first.
My dtc is clicking mad now with engine off and bike turn on, sitting on stands.

I think I've a expensive brick till this is sorted

Keep us informed. I downloaded the update but am yet to connect the bike yet.

You might have flattened the battery while you?ve been playing around. My DTC went mad constantly clicking too when my battery ran low.

Back