Bout ye!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belter

Reaction score
Hi folks,

just joined after months of lurking. Been the owner of a red & white 2017 S1000RR since July and very happy indeed. Had a few Triumphs (D675/R, STR) over 7 years then 4 years of Panigales and Multistrada.

Truth be told I loved the 899 but it broke constantly, and loved my 1299 which was even worse. After becoming best mates with the Ducati service manager and my local fleet of AA drivers my patience ran out.

I was overjoyed to find the latest RR blew all my reservations and previous experiences with previous RR versions away and it was an easy decision to buy one. I just wish I had done it earlier.

So I now have my first bike in 4 years that made it to the first service without breaking down. Has survived my winter commuting thus far without dissolving and I couldn't be happier. Like I said, I really should have skipped the red years and gone to the BMW.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

Thank you for the excellent welcome post!
Am very glad to hear that you?re throughly enjoying your RR and that it has met all you expectations [emoji4]
Triumph triples are sweet engines, I had a D675R before my RR.

What sort of issues plagued your Ducati experiences?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
May you have many more happy and trouble free miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

After becoming best mates with the Ducati service manager and my local fleet of AA drivers my patience ran out.

Hi Belter, welcome to the forum. Glad you are enjoying your rr experience. I have never owned a Ducati and every time I get tempted I come across an ownership experience like yours to go with the countless others with similar stories, shame as they are are beautiful machines.

Thanks for the welcome folks. I'm really enjoying it as last time I rode and IL4 regularly was 2008.

I tried every iteration of the RR and the R as they came out. At the time i could never be tempted away from my 675R.

However, a car driver ended my 675R dream for me on the way to work one morning and Triumph weren't making any R's and I would have to wait for 5 months when mine was written off. So I went and tried the 899 and ended up with one. That had a few miggles but then one issue meant it had to go back permanently. Then got the 1299 and all started well. It ran through winter with no probs. Once spring came it just was one thing after another. Things never happened at home always when I was in the middle of nowhere or coming over the moors etc. I could write a short book on it really.
Suffice to say it caused me to miss one job interview, 2 booked track days, abandon a days filming even after drone and Red Epic hire (???). It went in for servicing and the list of warranty jobs (4 DQS units) and things needing replaced meant I just decided to leave it. Swapped it for a Multistrada S which after 2 months just wasn't for me, so turned up at Williams one day and asked to try the RR.

Post just arrived with a safety recall letter for the 1299 lol

Hi Belter, always had a fancy for the Ducati and was swithering a few years back, noticed the fairings on a Panigale had been fitted incorrectly in the showroom and the Italian salesman (Manchester Ducati) just laughed and said every person is not symmetrical and the Ducati is like a beautiful person...........
Would rather know what I was sitting on had been built correctly when giving it a bit of welly.

I know you have made the right choice in buying the RR and joining here.

Big Scottish welcome.

JimmyMac

Hi Belter

All sounds very familiar pal!

I hope you are well & welcome to the forum.

Still loving my RR too.

Back