Hello from Sunny South Africa

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmrichardson

Reaction score
Hi All,

new guy from Johannesburg South Africa,

recently picked up a 2010 S1000RR accident damaged, and stripping it down to track trim now.

already bought quite a few trick bits for it lol ,

hoping you will all share your wealth of knowledge with me, as I embark down this road,

regards
neil

Welcome to the forum Neil and congratulations on your new RR!

Everyone in the UK is rather jealous of your sunny climate lol!

Is Red Star raceway your local track and what mods have you acquired already?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
Best of luck with the repairs/build and may you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Neil and congratulations on your new RR!

Everyone in the UK is rather jealous of your sunny climate lol!

Is Red Star raceway your local track and what mods have you acquired already?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
May you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Hi Oil,

thanks for the warm welcome,

the weather has actually been too hot the last few weeks, we are wishing for some rain to cool down the 35deg summer days,

must sound crazy to you over the pond, whish for rain lol

I spend most of my time at Midvaal raceway, occasionally at redstar, zwartkops, Phakisa, and on special occasions Kyalami,

I sold a TZR250 to a guy a couple months ago and we have kept in touch , when I told him I acquired the RR he said he had one and still had some bits lying around for it,
so I took a Bazzaz, Alluminium clock bracket, adjustable steering damper, full race Carbonin body kit, and a few other bits off him, so much for selling the TZR, I'm giving him all the money back haha

Hi Neil and welcome .
Hear u have a serious water drought occurring out ur ways ?? I?d seriously swap with u just so I could ride ... too wet hear for sure !
Look forward to reading how u progress with ur Bikes . They awesome to say the least

Hey Jay

Yeah serious water issues in the Western Cape , fortunately up here in Johannesburg were OK for now, some rain is forecast this week so hopefully those boys in Cape Town will get some

The worst part is we not allowed to wash bikes haha

Hi Oil,

thanks for the warm welcome,

the weather has actually been too hot the last few weeks, we are wishing for some rain to cool down the 35deg summer days,

must sound crazy to you over the pond, whish for rain lol

I spend most of my time at Midvaal raceway, occasionally at redstar, zwartkops, Phakisa, and on special occasions Kyalami,

I sold a TZR250 to a guy a couple months ago and we have kept in touch , when I told him I acquired the RR he said he had one and still had some bits lying around for it,
so I took a Bazzaz, Alluminium clock bracket, adjustable steering damper, full race Carbonin body kit, and a few other bits off him, so much for selling the TZR, I'm giving him all the money back haha

As Jay says we?ll happily swap some of our rain for your sunshine, there?s plenty of rain to go around in the UK lol!

That?s great that you?ve got several tracks in an accessible range, I?ve heard of Kyalami and Red Star.

Sounds like you?re off to a good start with mods and kit etc, bet you?re looking forward to completing the repairs so you can get your new steed out on track!? [emoji16]

Do you partake in any road riding too, or are you exclusively a track day rider?

Welcome Neil, I was in Franschhoek and Cape Town in December and saw an RR or 2 in Franschhoek. You?ve got some cracking roads there, not so sure in Jo?burg but nevertheless great countryside!

- Sent from a magical lightbox

As Jay says we?ll happily swap some of our rain for your sunshine, there?s plenty of rain to go around in the UK lol!

That?s great that you?ve got several tracks in an accessible range, I?ve heard of Kyalami and Red Star.

Sounds like you?re off to a good start with mods and kit etc, bet you?re looking forward to completing the repairs so you can get your new steed out on track!? [emoji16]

Do you partake in any road riding too, or are you exclusively a track day rider?

Yeah we do have a good few tracks in the vicinity, plus a few more if we travel

I?m part of the Historic Motorcycle Group in SA as well as the 2 Stroke Association between the 2 we try to do a Track day a month.

I restore bikes in my spare time , I have BSA C15, AJS 500, and quite a few 80?s 2 strokes

I ride a lot on the road too , but that weapon is a KTM 1190

Also ride a KTM 450 off road

My 2 Stroke track bike was a TZR250 and my 4 Stroke Track bike was a old R1 , I had a bit of a clear out last month and sold a few bikes including the 2 Track bikes , the 2T because I?m busy building a RD350 Hybrid and the R1 because I wanted something newer and fuel injected

I had no idea I was going to land up with a S1000RR but it came at the rite time at the rite price so now I?m really excited to sort out the mechanical issues and get her out on track!

The biggest challenge is finding time for them all lol

Welcome Neil, I was in Franschhoek and Cape Town in December and saw an RR or 2 in Franschhoek. You?ve got some cracking roads there, not so sure in Jo?burg but nevertheless great countryside!

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Cheers Alex

Yes lovely part of the county Franschhoek , and great wine lol

I work for a UK company, I was at head office in December freezing my nuts off haha

Yeah we do have a good few tracks in the vicinity, plus a few more if we travel

I?m part of the Historic Motorcycle Group in SA as well as the 2 Stroke Association between the 2 we try to do a Track day a month.

I restore bikes in my spare time , I have BSA C15, AJS 500, and quite a few 80?s 2 strokes

I ride a lot on the road too , but that weapon is a KTM 1190

Also ride a KTM 450 off road

My 2 Stroke track bike was a TZR250 and my 4 Stroke Track bike was a old R1 , I had a bit of a clear out last month and sold a few bikes including the 2 Track bikes , the 2T because I?m busy building a RD350 Hybrid and the R1 because I wanted something newer and fuel injected

I had no idea I was going to land up with a S1000RR but it came at the rite time at the rite price so now I?m really excited to sort out the mechanical issues and get her out on track!

The biggest challenge is finding time for them all lol

That?s an awesome garage of bikes you have and it?s fantastic to hear that you enjoy riding on road, track and off-road too!
I started out riding off-road, used to enjoy Motocross a lot, had a KTM 450 sx-f.
I find adventure bikes appealing too, if funds allowed I?d have a GSA to keep my RR company in the garage lol [emoji6]

Best of luck with the re-build schedule, is a fun conundrum to have though trying to find time for all those bikes [emoji16]

Welcome mate... nice selection of machinery there...lots of track monkeys on here to share your views.

Never been to SA its on my list to do at some point. Sounds great so it does.

Cheers

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back