Sports bike specific textiles

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did look for them but found none in the shops I was looking in.

The Spidi is quite light and moved easily, which is good. Another plus for the Spidi is that it has specific fittings for chest armour etc.
Quite impressed with it in the shop. We?ll see how it goes on a ride.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Gear turned up...and it's going back.
XL it is for both...damned Italians and their spray-on trouser sizing.
The Jacket in the shop must have been armour-less too as with it in I need another size up which I fail to understand as I've never been XL in anything else before, it's only a few days later and I didn't going pie eating all week.

Seems like all the trousers in the world dont fit you alex? Surely they cant all be wrong or are you going through 'size denial'? lol.

https://www.motolegends.com/halvarssons-wolf-and-wish
anyone thinking of this? It looks ideal but I can’t find any detail on it... I need pockets! Especially internal waterproof phone and wallet. Looks good though?

Literally just been to have a 2nd look at this set, and try them on.

Seem like good gear, nice and light, claim to offer good protection, and laminated, so should be very waterproof. There is a chest pocket, that is inside the waterproof layer, that's ideal for a phone.

I'm very tempted to splash out

Got my replacement Spidi - this XL jacket is good - lots room for extra clothing etc, which is weird for one size up. Makes me think I had a misslabbeled medium before because this has more room than I was expecting.
Trousers are ok without the knee pads. As I can't just get them in a good place. I'm not at this moment fussed about not having knee pads - I don't have them in jeans either.

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthre...cific-textiles&p=110787&viewfull=1#post110787
-
No brainer if you're not in a hurry. Get the Rukka from SBS, it's free returns so you can keep returning until they send one that fits.
BTW, I checked the Halvarssons jacket against the Rukka, no competition.
Ah nuts. I've been scoping out the Halvarssons for my next purchase, but only if they're as good as the promise.
Rukka are just too expensive imo, even though they seem to be keen to offer finance.
Thanks for the feedback

Can't remember which Halv. it was now. I agree that ?650 is too much for the basic Rukka, but when it is discounted to ?480 at SBS, this puts it back in the ballpark, imo.

I bought my rukka kit over 3 years ago I think. Yes it was very expensive but it is really good. The stuff was armacor something or other. I have been across europe twice and all over the UK in all weather and it is the best textile kit I have ever purchased, should be good for several more years too. I use it all the time during winter riding and always when touring in the summer. Previously I bought cheaper stuff and always found it to become a problem after a year or so, so imo rukka works out cheaper in the long run and works better overall. If you can stretch to buy rukka I would recommend doing so.

Rukka details I like:
Little velcro strap inside the armour pocket to stop it sliding around.
Main outer velcro tabs fold in on themselves so you're not picking up shite when the jacket is open.
Detachable neck warmer that actually works really well.
Strap between legs to keep jacket in place, especially for 'chin-on-tank' moments.
Blah blah blah
-
Having said all that, even Rukka's side pocket zips like to open themselves at speed. TBF, this happens on every jacket I've used on a sports bike tho.
Anyone else have this?

Back