BvG selling his s1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice bike, although I guess Hutchy's going to be disappointed when he finds out it's only worth ?15k!! Wonder if he's chopping it in for a Fireblade SP... :)

Nice bike, although I guess Hutchy's going to be disappointed when he finds out it's only worth ?15k!! Wonder if he's chopping it in for a Fireblade SP... :)

Yeh I think you right MAC, I like the paragraph under item description, don't think that's true cause I'm sure I've seen another one like it somewhere else !!

It needed a full length belly pan...then it might have been worth 16k lol

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Yeh I think you right MAC, I like the paragraph under item description, don't think that's true cause I'm sure I've seen another one like it somewhere else !!

You dont have that thing growing out of the side where the exhaust can should be, so yours is a better one of a kind imo.

Did anyone see BvG "running it in"? He was bouncing it off the limiter the whole time. I know the engines are bullet proof, but really...

But that was the 9k rpm limiter I think....not a massive issue.

It was indeed the 9k limiter, nothing to worry about [emoji846]

Personally, I subscribe to the logic behind a hard run-in anyway

I think I'm STILL traumatised after blowing up my RC8R last year. :nightmare:

I can imagine, think anyone would be a tad cautious after an engine failure. However, if it had nothing to do with rider error (?) then take some comfort in the fact that it was due to a component failure, in which case there would have been nothing you could have done to prevent it [emoji846]

Be rev-happy Hugh [emoji6]

I can imagine, think anyone would be a tad cautious after an engine failure. However, if it had nothing to do with rider error (?) then take some comfort in the fact that it was due to a component failure, in which case there would have been nothing you could have done to prevent it [emoji846] Be rev-happy Hugh [emoji6]

Thanks Oli. Blowing up is a big word, but it certainly was a form of rider error. Namely, I had it's valve clearance service done on the cheap (?600 instead of ?800 as I recall). Blew a shim on the very next track day, bent a valve. Ugh.

I think this one is probably a better buy which is on ebay ( BMW promo bike currently owned by Hutchy )

Is that the one with the gear shift on the wrong side? Would be interesting to watch the buyer ride it out of the showroom :)

(think its the gear shift.. im sure someone will correct me)

Is that the one with the gear shift on the wrong side? Would be interesting to watch the buyer ride it out of the showroom :)

(think its the gear shift.. im sure someone will correct me)

Aye Wayne, gear selector on the RHS, thumb brake on LHS to rear disc. What a man eh, to come back from that and win multiple TT's, true legend.

JimmyMac

Yeah, he’s a bit of a legend.. I’ve just read his biography Miracle Man. Daughter bought it for me last year and got it signed (with photo to prove ) by the man himself. Apparently he’s a very quietly spoken chap, but he’s not afraid of telling it like it is in the book!

Did they let you take those? At the gp in Aragon they were very strict about photographing the bikes close up or beyond the fairings, basically no chance.

Lol. Mind you my italian hosts were fairly lax, got to do the full pit walk without authorisation, but think I would have been slung off the premises being that cheeky lol. Good effort!

Back