which brake pads?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutl3y

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,
just after advice really on which pads on track, just putting engine protection on for my trip to Almeria in March to see if I get on with it on track, if I do then which pads to put in for my next trip. At present I'm using Bendix mrr on the triumph which I've been using last 3 years with no issues, wondering if they be ok on the BM? or what you guys recon.
also sorry if its been asked before which carbon frame protection you recommend?
cheers
Mut

standard pads with decent fluid are good enough for the vast majority of people that do trackdays.

I raced with brembo z04 pads and Castrol srf fluid. I wouldn't waste your money though and djust stick with the standard stuff until it becomes an issue.

i used the sbs dual carbon and they were good in the summer. there no good in the wet and not overly good in the cold. now ive gone back to the oe brembo's which at my pace work fine.

The OEM ones are good they are Brembo 07BB3396
Cheaper from Brembo or e-Bay than BMW dealer.
Remember you will need 4 per caliper - 8 per wheel. Should be about ?125 for 8 on eBay

Last edited:
lol holy crap, think I paid 52 quid for Bendix on me triumph,
so another question as we are on costs, how much fuel you typically use on a trackday on these beasts? could get away with 20 litres on the 675:) take it that will last till lunch time :)
Mut

We’ve discussed fuel use before but cant find it. I think the consensus was 2 tanks worth.

HM Racing supply Bendix. According to them the same factory make the Performance Friction PFC95?s I am running.
Would be worth a chat with HM.

I have used OEM, Brembo SC, PFC95 and SBS HS870?s on track. All managed to stop me. Only a faulty master cylinder didn?t...

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Last edited:
For brembo try carpimoto - italian but ship quick and used to be much cheaper than hps.

Just a thought, I had the Brembo LCF600 Plus brake fluid put in by HM Racing and my Brembo RCS master cylinder has never felt better or more powerful, even with OEM pads in.

Brake Pads

standard pads with decent fluid are good enough for the vast majority of people that do trackdays.

I raced with brembo z04 pads and Castrol srf fluid. I wouldn't waste your money though and just stick with the standard stuff until it becomes an issue.

+1.

OEM Brake Calipers

... I love the oem calipers where as Ryan changed his from oem.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the OEM brake calipers and they are extremely good. The only reason why I bought my Brembo calipers is that I was changing pads frequently and was fed up with paying an extortionate amount of money for Z04 brake pads due to the four pad per caliper OEM design.

Re: OEM Brake Calipers

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the OEM brake calipers and they are extremely good. The only reason why I bought my Brembo calipers is that I was changing pads frequently and was fed up with paying an extortionate amount of money for Z04 brake pads due to the four pad per caliper OEM design.

And there's me thinking you bought them because they were shiny lol.

I do agree the oem caliper design for 4 pads a side is a faff, not a problem with an HP4 :).

OEM Brake Calipers

At ?336 RRP for a set of Brembo Z04 race pads the OEM brake calipers had to go!

+1 lol.

I would have thought brembo would do sc pads to fit their own calipers jay.

Track brake pad choice depends of the riders ability and personal preference. I prefer Vesrah SRJL XX. They have excellent braking power with very good life.

Back