Intermittent Headlight issue : /

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steadynow

Reaction score
Perfect timing for a gremlin, with the dark commuting hours. sigh

Appreciate any tips. I've dropped off at chandlers BMW for a check over this morning.

Basically, the dipped & main beam cut out (leaving only side lights on) leading me to believe bulbs or fuses to be the issues.

but they came back on mid ride. i stopped at home, turned bike off / then on again...no lights....

The Full Beam blue light on the dash illuminates when the headlights die

Checked battery & connections were tight

checked the headlights themselves and the wires going into the back of the front cowl unit.

I hope it's not a full strip down. Not sure where else to check.

Curious if anyone else has had random headlight issues like this?

Thanks all!

yep! did that! drowned the bastard

LOL....Had a similar issue last night.... Horn and right indicators stopped working.... although it was showing as on, on the dashboard. Got home, engine off and took into the garage, started it again and all working as expected....hmmm... No WD-40 applied.... sorted itself out.

FIXED! Chandlers called:

Was a tiny red wire in the birds nest under pillion. Too much salt / rain and Akrapovic vibes was the diagnosis.

So we're ok......until the next time.:dejection:

On a side note, on a 17 there are some mounts which go unused when running carbon belly pans. If they are not taken off they vibrate and sheer off, as I found out. Might be the same with earlier Gen3's...

FIXED! Chandlers called:

Was a tiny red wire in the birds nest under pillion. Too much salt / rain and Akrapovic vibes was the diagnosis.

So we're ok......until the next time.:dejection:

I?ve got a similar problem, can you tell me a bit more about how you solved yours? where exactly is the red wire under the seat, what does it do? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back