Aragon Circuit on mid March

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrIoannis

Reaction score
Well new plans...
Aragon circuit for 3 days on mid March. Any info are welcome on weather, sprockets, tyres (Dunlop), and circuit? I know it is faaaaast with a 1.2km straight line:nightmare:.

54295f10.png

Well new plans...
Aragon circuit for 3 days on mid March. Any info are welcome on weather, sprockets, tyres (Dunlop), and circuit? I know it is faaaaast with a 1.2km straight line:nightmare:.

54295f10.png
I had 6 days out there last yr as i love the place. Used 212 gp pros which lasted well (inters pace was 2 rears 1 front). Great surface very smooth and not bumpy.
A few tricky corners mind
Turn 5: braking kinda blind and scrubbing off a lot of speed not in a straight line.
Turn 7 : horrible corner and really struggled. Not having a slipper clutch had my back wheel skipping a bit. Easy to out brake yourself
Turn 9: corkscrew ! Feels very slow but couldnt seem to gain anytime going in deeper on the brakes.
Turn 10 : my fav bend on the circuit (even though it put me in hospital). If you have road shift then short shift as you go into it as changing gear once you are into it is nearly impossible. Very very fast bend which just pushes the bike into to tarmac.
Final 2 corners after the monster straight has 2 lines. Either brake very late run it out wide and take both corners in 1 . Or come tighter and take the first part on brakes and fire it out up onto the frint straight.
Have a ball out there bud

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I had 6 days out there last yr as i love the place. Used 212 gp pros which lasted well (inters pace was 2 rears 1 front). Great surface very smooth and not bumpy.
A few tricky corners mind
Turn 5: braking kinda blind and scrubbing off a lot of speed not in a straight line.
Turn 7 : horrible corner and really struggled. Not having a slipper clutch had my back wheel skipping a bit. Easy to out brake yourself
Turn 9: corkscrew ! Feels very slow but couldnt seem to gain anytime going in deeper on the brakes.
Turn 10 : my fav bend on the circuit (even though it put me in hospital). If you have road shift then short shift as you go into it as changing gear once you are into it is nearly impossible. Very very fast bend which just pushes the bike into to tarmac.
Final 2 corners after the monster straight has 2 lines. Either brake very late run it out wide and take both corners in 1 . Or come tighter and take the first part on brakes and fire it out up onto the frint straight.
Have a ball out there bud

Last corner and corkscrew
457e54c214baf90c9a53926ab07491ce.jpg
69c9c2182f459e05994236649ef73288.jpg

Aragon

I was meant to go to Aragon last season but sadly had to cancel due to work commitments. My contact at Metzeler, and quite a few other riders I know who've been, told me the circuit was extremely abrasive. In addition to the new slicks I already had fitted to my bike I was going to take a further 2 rear tyres (K1) and 1 front (K2) to make sure I had enough to get through 4 days on track. By all accounts it is a fantastic circuit and I should be going in late 2018.

Re: Aragon

I was meant to go to Aragon last season but sadly had to cancel due to work commitments. My contact at Metzeler, and quite a few other riders I know who've been, told me the circuit was extremely abrasive. In addition to the new slicks I already had fitted to my bike I was going to take a further 2 rear tyres (K1) and 1 front (K2) to make sure I had enough to get through 4 days on track. By all accounts it is a fantastic circuit and I should be going in late 2018.
The dunlops, metz and contis last well although for 4 days i would have needed another front even at my pace. Pirelli rears were just about lasting a day though. Due to going in the "winter" mnths the first session in the mornings were doing more damage than anything else

A few gratuitous pics from my MotoGP trip to whet the appetite for you lucky boys.

6e77a0b80c7bd27f9ab4bd2f6b5de394.jpg

86c67aca6e724a9fc72c4e2b1f0b9702.jpg

9d2efff28074214b976ca2009d45746f.jpg

79e7fd968d0bb1cb7abd912dc270adf4.jpg

I went there Two years ago, great place
Plenty of run off areas All tarmac!and lots of grip. I use the Dunlop slicks, the rear just about lasted three days but was knackered after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above, take Dunlop 106 and 108's or Bridgestone VO2's . Great track enjoy. Take a spare rear if yr quick :)

Did anyone visited the track in March? I am curious about the weather...

Did anyone visited the track in March? I am curious about the weather...
Yrs ive been in march. 10 c ish first session but up to 20 c by the 2nd. Lunchtime you are sweating ya knackers off.
As for gearing , standard is good due to that back straight. With a good entry onto it you are well into 6th by the end. My friends bm was reading 180 ish

Back