Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Co Down

Hi from Co Down

Wanted an S1000RR for long enough so finally made the decision to buy one. Still deciding between a brand new one or a lightly used one, but it has to be the 2017 onwards motorsports colours for me.

Nearly went for a GSXR1000R, but saw sense.

Have a GSXR750 at the minute which Iím just rebuilding after throwing it up the track last year, and also have a KLR650 Tengai for a bit of light off road fun.

See theres a few on here from over here so looking forward to catching up at Newcastle in the warmer months

Re: Hi from Co Down

Hi gav, welcome to the forum and good luck with your search for the bike.

I like your comment about the gsxr, MacRR will love you too.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soofsayer For This Useful Post:

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Stephens1000rr's Avatar
    Riding
    2018 BMW S1000RR

Alright gav good to see someone from Northern Ireland on here. Iím up in Belfast I just bought a new 2018 model there canít wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephens1000rr For This Useful Post:

Riding
    2015 Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by soofsayer View Post
    I like your comment about the gsxr, MacRR will love you too.
    +1

Lol

nothing the matter with the gsxr , cracking bikes

Riding
    2015 Motorsports

Welcome to the forum Gav and congratulations on making the correct decision on your next steed
    As Soof says, best of luck with your bike search/decision. Youíre certainly purchasing at a wise time as there are good deals to be had!

What spec do you have in mind? I would highly recommend ticking all the electronic options and going for the HP forged aluminium wheels, as they represent tremendous value for money at the time of purchase.

Enjoy the forum, thereís a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
    Hope youíre onboard a 17 Motorsport RR soon and that you have many happy miles ahead of you

Oli

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Oli For This Useful Post:

Riding
    HP4 Carbon Pink

Hi Gav, welcome to the site Fella. Love your country, keep telling myself I'm not going back to the NW200 because the weather is shite, then I remember I'm Scottish and have been sunburnt their the last few years, lol.

I'll be there again this year.

Keep it rubber side down when you get your new yoke.

JimmyMac

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyMac For This Useful Post:

Riding
    HP4 carbon 2013

Hi Gavin..welcome in mate.

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to stuartb For This Useful Post:

Thanks all all for the welcomes. Going to try to get one sorted soon as I work away month on month off, and I donít want to have to wait until March to go shopping again. Will try and get a deposit paid in the next couple of weeks before heading back.

Just to add also, the GSXR is a weapon, and I prefer the dash if Iím honest, but for me the BMW has always been the dream bike, and feels more comfortable and a little better put together, in my opinion of course. Suzuki were offering some very good deals mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephens1000rr View Post
    Alright gav good to see someone from Northern Ireland on here. Iím up in Belfast I just bought a new 2018 model there canít wait!!!

Cheers mate. Was actually in Hursts last Friday and they said they had a 2018 Motorsport coming in on Monday so Iím guessing thatís the one youíve bought?

Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    Welcome to the forum Gav and congratulations on making the correct decision on your next steed
    As Soof says, best of luck with your bike search/decision. Youíre certainly purchasing at a wise time as there are good deals to be had!

What spec do you have in mind? I would highly recommend ticking all the electronic options and going for the HP forged aluminium wheels, as they represent tremendous value for money at the time of purchase.

Enjoy the forum, thereís a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
    Hope youíre onboard a 17 Motorsport RR soon and that you have many happy miles ahead of you

Oli
    Cheers! When I specced one up there I added the performance pack which I think covers most of the electronics? If thereís anything Iím missing please let me know though! The wheels do appeal to me, but at the minute couldnít justify the cost for something I probably wouldnít notice. Be nice to have though!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
    Hi Gav, welcome to the site Fella. Love your country, keep telling myself I'm not going back to the NW200 because the weather is shite, then I remember I'm Scottish and have been sunburnt their the last few years, lol.

I'll be there again this year.

Keep it rubber side down when you get your new yoke.

JimmyMac
    Cheers Jimmy, actually Scottish myself originally though have lived here the last 12years and am here for good now that a woman has me trapped! NW200 is good, but I much prefer the Tandragee, Cookstown, Armoy and Ulster races. Get yourself over for a good spin out, Iíll be heading over your way to do the NC500 later this year

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gav525 For This Useful Post:

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Stephens1000rr's Avatar
    Riding
    2018 BMW S1000RR

Gav yes thatís my one pick it up next weekend, going to be the longest week of my life!! Keep me informed about when you pick it up, we will get a run out