Hi from Co Down

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gav525

Reaction score
Wanted an S1000RR for long enough so finally made the decision to buy one. Still deciding between a brand new one or a lightly used one, but it has to be the 2017 onwards motorsports colours for me.

Nearly went for a GSXR1000R, but saw sense.

Have a GSXR750 at the minute which I?m just rebuilding after throwing it up the track last year, and also have a KLR650 Tengai for a bit of light off road fun.

See theres a few on here from over here so looking forward to catching up at Newcastle in the warmer months

Hi gav, welcome to the forum and good luck with your search for the bike.

I like your comment about the gsxr, MacRR will love you too.

Alright gav good to see someone from Northern Ireland on here. I?m up in Belfast I just bought a new 2018 model there can?t wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum Gav and congratulations on making the correct decision on your next steed [emoji6]
As Soof says, best of luck with your bike search/decision. You?re certainly purchasing at a wise time as there are good deals to be had!

What spec do you have in mind? I would highly recommend ticking all the electronic options and going for the HP forged aluminium wheels, as they represent tremendous value for money at the time of purchase.

Enjoy the forum, there?s a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
Hope you?re onboard a 17 Motorsport RR soon and that you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Hi Gav, welcome to the site Fella. Love your country, keep telling myself I'm not going back to the NW200 because the weather is shite, then I remember I'm Scottish and have been sunburnt their the last few years, lol.

I'll be there again this year.

Keep it rubber side down when you get your new yoke.

JimmyMac

Thanks all all for the welcomes. Going to try to get one sorted soon as I work away month on month off, and I don?t want to have to wait until March to go shopping again. Will try and get a deposit paid in the next couple of weeks before heading back.

Just to add also, the GSXR is a weapon, and I prefer the dash if I?m honest, but for me the BMW has always been the dream bike, and feels more comfortable and a little better put together, in my opinion of course. Suzuki were offering some very good deals mind!

Alright gav good to see someone from Northern Ireland on here. I?m up in Belfast I just bought a new 2018 model there can?t wait!!!

Cheers mate. Was actually in Hursts last Friday and they said they had a 2018 Motorsport coming in on Monday so I?m guessing that?s the one you?ve bought?

Welcome to the forum Gav and congratulations on making the correct decision on your next steed [emoji6]
As Soof says, best of luck with your bike search/decision. You?re certainly purchasing at a wise time as there are good deals to be had!

What spec do you have in mind? I would highly recommend ticking all the electronic options and going for the HP forged aluminium wheels, as they represent tremendous value for money at the time of purchase.

Enjoy the forum, there?s a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
Hope you?re onboard a 17 Motorsport RR soon and that you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Cheers! When I specced one up there I added the performance pack which I think covers most of the electronics? If there?s anything I?m missing please let me know though! The wheels do appeal to me, but at the minute couldn?t justify the cost for something I probably wouldn?t notice. Be nice to have though!

Hi Gav, welcome to the site Fella. Love your country, keep telling myself I'm not going back to the NW200 because the weather is shite, then I remember I'm Scottish and have been sunburnt their the last few years, lol.

I'll be there again this year.

Keep it rubber side down when you get your new yoke.

JimmyMac

Cheers Jimmy, actually Scottish myself originally though have lived here the last 12years and am here for good now that a woman has me trapped! NW200 is good, but I much prefer the Tandragee, Cookstown, Armoy and Ulster races. Get yourself over for a good spin out, I?ll be heading over your way to do the NC500 later this year

Gav yes that?s my one pick it up next weekend, going to be the longest week of my life!! Keep me informed about when you pick it up, we will get a run out :)

Just to update this - I?ve bought one! 2016 Sport in Motorsport with a few HP extras and 1k miles.

Didnt go for a brand new one in the end, partly due to saving so much on a lightly used example, and partly due to the right bike being for sale with the right bits(for me anyways)

Only issue I have now is getting it home from Wales. Usually I?d be up for the road trip, and at the minute it?s looking like I?ll have to drive to Dublin in the Sprinter, foot passenger across, the guy is going to meet me in Holyhead where I?ll take the bike back across, stick it in the van and drive it home.

Though the wife wife is currently just after surgery as she broke her leg, so ideally don?t want to leave her and I?m trying to get it collected instead, it it?s very short notice unfortunately.

Best I buy my premier membership now!

Aye mate, buy away with confidence..we're doing the NC 500 19th and 20th May..why not join in.threads on here as a sticky I think.

Stu

Aye mate, buy away with confidence..we're doing the NC 500 19th and 20th May..why not join in.threads on here as a sticky I think.

Stu

I’d seen that mate and had intended on doing the NC500 this year at some point, either in the car or Bike, but that weekend just doesn’t suit unfortunately. I work away a month at a time and am heading back on 21st, so no doubt will be doing something with the wife :(

I?d seen that mate and had intended on doing the NC500 this year at some point, either in the car or Bike, but that weekend just doesn?t suit unfortunately. I work away a month at a time and am heading back on 21st, so no doubt will be doing something with the wife :(
Cool mate..nae drama. Where you from originally ?.

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cool mate..nae drama. Where you from originally ?.

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Shetland originally mate, though left when I was 16! Family are all still there so head home every couple of years

Just to update this - I?ve bought one! 2016 Sport in Motorsport with a few HP extras and 1k miles.

Didnt go for a brand new one in the end, partly due to saving so much on a lightly used example, and partly due to the right bike being for sale with the right bits(for me anyways)

Only issue I have now is getting it home from Wales. Usually I?d be up for the road trip, and at the minute it?s looking like I?ll have to drive to Dublin in the Sprinter, foot passenger across, the guy is going to meet me in Holyhead where I?ll take the bike back across, stick it in the van and drive it home.

Though the wife wife is currently just after surgery as she broke her leg, so ideally don?t want to leave her and I?m trying to get it collected instead, it it?s very short notice unfortunately.

Gav sorry to hear about the wife, and congratulations on the bike mate

There?s a guy that a transporter goes back and forth to England for bikes, hopefully he can sort you out, lot of people recommend him to me when I was going to buy across the water! IMG_2285.JPGIMG_2286.JPG

Just to update this - I’ve bought one! 2016 Sport in Motorsport with a few HP extras and 1k miles.

Only issue I have now is getting it home from Wales. Usually I’d be up for the road trip, and at the minute it’s looking like I’ll have to drive to Dublin in the Sprinter, foot passenger across, the guy is going to meet me in Holyhead where I’ll take the bike back across, stick it in the van and drive it home.

Though the wife wife is currently just after surgery as she broke her leg, so ideally don’t want to leave her and I’m trying to get it collected instead, it it’s very short notice unfortunately.

Congratulations on the bike gav. Sorry to read your wife broke her leg, not doing any of those indoor *cough* gymnastics? Thanks for supporting the forum, much appreciated.

Cheers lads. Nothing as adventurous as bedroom gymnastics unfortunately, we were skiing in Slovenia and she snapped it on the first morning. Bit of a nightmare getting home and surgery etc, but all done now and recovering well.

And cheers Stephen, have got quotes from him before so will try him again. My problem is I’m so tight for time and need it done this Thursday, so he may already be fully booked.
I may end up taking my own van across now anyways after pricing it up last night, at least the guy can give me a hand getting it up the ramp without me risking dropping it on my own!

Back