Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 S1k ideas

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Stephens1000rr's Avatar
    Riding
    2018 BMW S1000RR

Re: 2017 S1k ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Jay S1000rr View Post
    I used an old Suzuki tail tidy I had lying around and cut the v section off it so itís now an L Shape allowing me to bolt to the underside.
    I will look fir the post for u as itís all listed if memory serves me correct .
    Purchase the Rapidbike racing from Performance Parts via Liam . Infact Alex on here had a forum deal going so check in with him if itís still live if not I can have word for you.
    Can u fit it urself ? If so u donít need dyno as itís auto adaption fixes it self to ur bike andxafter 200 Mile would of taken any issues away.
    I donít know anybody in Northern Ireland however a lad on here from cork may , Corkgsxr his user name , great lad whom one of the first to go the rb route so will advise u Iím sure. He did have the evo module and we worked out the racing module is a lot better as it maps the ignition and the jets.
    The base map fitted in all Rapidbike for the s1000rr 2017 I actually had built so can verify itís great straight out the box.
    Size of plate ... 8x3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ahh right you can do it your then..... I thought it was abit like a power commander itís term off details the numbers in lol.. yeah I think Iíd pay the extra few quid and get the rapid race module....

Thank for the info mate Iíll give you a shout when I go to buy one and you can point me in the right direction lol

Again appreciate all the info mate (Y)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephens1000rr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by boomaz View Post
    yes possibly will loosen and bed in a bit, but ddc is like marmite,,
    i was all ways told to ride it a few times before setting the sag and when setting the sag take it for a run first to warm everything up, especially this time of year. i quite like the ddc for the road not sure what its like on track as i have ohlins all round on my track bike.

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Quote Originally Posted by r25sti View Post
    i was all ways told to ride it a few times before setting the sag and when setting the sag take it for a run first to warm everything up, especially this time of year. i quite like the ddc for the road not sure what its like on track as i have ohlins all round on my track bike.
    DDC on track is fine. Correct weight of springs is the key to any suspension system working well.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alex For This Useful Post:

Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    DDC on track is fine. Correct weight of springs is the key to any suspension system working well.
    +1.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RyS1000RR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephens1000rr View Post
    Right so as Iím waiting to pick up my s1000rr, Iím looking to get some ideas for it? If anyone could forward pictures or links on different mods, cool decals or some ideas would be great
    cheers stephen
    Nice bike Stephen. You sure it's real? In the photo it looks about 4 inches long.

On which subject, I got a second motorbike for Xmas. It definitely isn't a model, the pound coin is just a fancy manhole cover...

Photo 25-12-2017, 18 13 34.jpg

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huge For This Useful Post:

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Flyingscotsman's Avatar
    Riding
    S1k 2013 Black

Yes, looks like Stephen parked his bike next to a giant redwood!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Flyingscotsman For This Useful Post:

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Flyingscotsman's Avatar
    Riding
    S1k 2013 Black

🏍🏍👍

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Flyingscotsman For This Useful Post:

Look at the akropovic Megaphone exhaust and agree with all the previous threads . If you are a light rider less than 81kg then perhaps suspension setup might be worth doing. I would also suggest new sidelight bulbs and get the dealer to fit as the standard ones are a bit yellow and can be a pig to change. Plus some wheel decals that ath yor bike can be found on ebay