Change to race fairings.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamsp1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, do I need the alpha plug blanking kit for when I remove the oem fairings for race ones? Or do I just get a warning on the dash. Thanks.

Year of bike? (affects what you can turn off in the dash)
The kick stand is the important one. But you can take the sensor off the stand (in the up position) and hide it...if you're taking the side stand off.

bike will run fine with all the lights removed but you will get a warning on dash and if theres any other issues you may not see them. its worth getting the kit imo.

if the 17 is the same as the 15 16 then you can just turn the lamp warning off in the menu. Get your handbook out and have a look. Its easy to do

Ps I've got a full set of fairings and everything needed to convert for sale if you're interested

if the 17 is the same as the 15 16 then you can just turn the lamp warning off in the menu. Get your handbook out and have a look. Its easy to do

Ps I've got a full set of fairings and everything needed to convert for sale if you're interested
Pm sent [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

alpha Racing

You can remove the lights on the 2015+ model and then simply turn the error message displayed on the dash off in the Race menu. I have the alpha Racing plug set fitted on mine just for the sake of completeness. If you want to remove the side stand then you will need to buy the plug from them. You only need to remove the side stand if racing. Leaving it on for trackdays just makes unloading/loading the bike into a van, and moving it around the paddock, far easier.

Thanks again for the replies, being a bloke the handbook hasn’t had a look in!

Owner's Manual

I would definitely recommend having a read of the Owner's Manual!

Back