Set up...mode

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MADMANX

Reaction score
GOOD DAY FELLOW BM OWNERS

im taking part at the next pazedays track day at Calafat, so my question is what setting/mode do people prefer on track as ive not used this suspension before and ive not had a great deal of time on the bike since buying in Aug last year...il be running sc1/sc2 super corsa running cold pressure at ( f...30psi & R...26psi ) My first euro TD

SETUP -> USER
DDC = SLICK
ENGINE SLICK
DTC = RACE
ABS = RACE

The tyre compound ideally should be chosen based on track temp. https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?10842-Pirelli. SC1/2 should be ok, but you'll have to work the front (I assume that's the 1) in the braking zones to keep it hot. An IR Temp Gauge is very useful for checking the track and the tyre temps out of the blankets and after 5 laps.
I use one of these; https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/1233250

Also, stick a zip tie around the fork, use it to monitor fork travel. If it starts at the top and over a session gets smashed flat (8mm above casting) you need to add preload in the right hand fork. If you add preload you must do a DDC CALIB in the menu.

DDC CALIB, with the bike on paddock stands run the DDC CALIB with nothing pressing on the bike. This tells the bike where zero is in the stroke for the new geometry (added preload)

Last edited:
Pirelli

...il be running sc1/sc2 super corsa running cold pressure at ( f...30psi & R...26psi )

If your using Pirelli race compound (SC1/2) tyres then you really need to be using tyre warmers.

Re: Tyre Warmers

I was always under the impression that you check and adjust pressures before putting tyre warmers on ???

Yes/No: Yes, you should reduce the pressure before warming, as that adds pressure, but no that shouldn't be the most vital check. The warmed temp check is the one to set as that's the pressure you'll be seeing on track. Cold pressure guides are a rule of thumb and usually based on you not having warmers.

Yes/No: Yes, you should reduce the pressure before warming, as that adds pressure, but no that shouldn't be the most vital check. The warmed temp check is the one to set as that's the pressure you'll be seeing on track. Cold pressure guides are a rule of thumb and usually based on you not having warmers.

Thanks Alex.....So if im right ? im best firing tyre warmers on for 50 minutes or so then adjust pressures to approx 30ish psi front and 26ish rear

Thanks Alex.....So if im right ? im best firing tyre warmers on for 50 minutes or so then adjust pressures to approx 30ish psi front and 26ish rear

i put mine on warmers for about 45 mins then check, then try to have a hot lap in at the end of the first session and check again. then check every other session after that. :)

i put mine on warmers for about 45 mins then check, then try to have a hot lap in at the end of the first session and check again. then check every other session after that. :)

Mega....Thanks r25sti :peaceful:

Yeah - walk in the garage - turn on the warmers - fiddle about getting fuel/breakfast/briefing - and before you go out set the pressures.

Yeah - walk in the garage - turn on the warmers - fiddle about getting fuel/breakfast/briefing - and before you go out set the pressures.

sounds like a plan....chrz Alex :encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

I always set mine cold to the same setting, put warmers on, check 40-50 mins later, let a couple of psi out, that way i'm not adding cold air into hot tyre just before I go out
Mut

I always set mine cold to the same setting, put warmers on, check 40-50 mins later, let a couple of psi out, that way i'm not adding cold air into hot tyre just before I go out
Mut

I do the exact same thing but i leave it for 30 mins

My warmers (Diamond) display the temps so you know when they should be up to temp.

- Sent from Mobile

Back