Which SATNAV to Consider

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pictures thanks for posting, install looks good.

I like the connectors shown in the second picture, did you fit a sleeve over the BMW connector leads and fit those connectors? Where did you get them from if you don't mind me asking?

With the stem mount I think I'll need more clearance than the one you've got when my tank bag is fitted.

I use a tank bag sometimes and it?s all adjustable. Look on eBay at ram mounts there?s lots of options.

The connector you see in the picture is the Tom tom mount and lead. I patched this into the BMW lead. Sorry for delay pics under fairing panel tomorrow after my morning spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a tank bag sometimes and it?s all adjustable. Look on eBay at ram mounts there?s lots of options.

The connector you see in the picture is the Tom tom mount and lead. I patched this into the BMW lead. Sorry for delay pics under fairing panel tomorrow after my morning spin.

Some more pics hopefully they will help.

5741540994f5be8239cf08e83d96e83f.jpg
f9aaaa87dfb92d9680285e56f98e1e92.jpg
b01988928e0277b1d212fce70fb63f4a.jpg
7c26b69cb909f86b6431da237a4141e8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of the stem mount you can get one which attaches through a bolt point, such as the mirror.

- Sent from Mobile

Was going to advertise my Satnav V from GS on the website but probably would not get a fiver for it now:confusion::witless:

Was going to advertise my Satnav V from GS on the website but probably would not get a fiver for it now:confusion::witless:

There are a few guys looking for the Nav 5 on the ukGSer website, they go for around ?300-?350.

Mines perfect now after the correct update from Garmin and used it yesterday on my short raid on Englandshire and it proved a bit better than my new TomTom which needed a 3 hour update today but now recognises there is a new bridge over the river Forth.
I expect them both to now work as good as each other.

JimmyMac

There are a few guys looking for the Nav 5 on the ukGSer website, they go for around ?300-?350.

Mines perfect now after the correct update from Garmin and used it yesterday on my short raid on Englandshire and it proved a bit better than my new TomTom which needed a 3 hour update today but now recognises there is a new bridge over the river Forth.
I expect them both to now work as good as each other.

JimmyMac

I think your TomTom recognised a new tartan invasion as took the appropriate action!

[emoji6]

Many thanks preynol1 for taking the time to prepare for these pictures and get them loaded to here, much appreciated.

Ordered the satnav yesterday and will arrive at some point today. Just need to trawl through the minefield of which ram and mount to use. For reference what is the hole size I need to fill :smug:

Thanks to all who provided feedback

Some more pics hopefully they will help.

5741540994f5be8239cf08e83d96e83f.jpg
f9aaaa87dfb92d9680285e56f98e1e92.jpg
b01988928e0277b1d212fce70fb63f4a.jpg
7c26b69cb909f86b6431da237a4141e8.jpg

Any subtle differences between the Telferizer and Ultimate Addons stem mount apart from cost. Both look the same but how are they when in use?

Any subtle differences between the Telferizer and Ultimate Addons stem mount apart from cost. Both look the same but how are they when in use?

I use the Ultimate Addons fork stem mount with the 3? extender arm. Have used if for years and have no complaints.

I also am not sure of the differences between their product and the Telferizer mount

Some help needed lads as I?m confused!

Got my plug from nippy normans connected to bike and testing with my meter I have 2 as positive and 1 as negative.
On the nippy normans instruction for S1K it says connect red lead of satnav to 1 and black lead to 2 which seems a bit reverse polarity to me going on colour coding as the red lead would be negative, black positive?
Which is the correct way?

Thanks all for your input. It?s all in. I ended up using lead 3 of the BMW plug as +ve and lead 1 as -ve. Between 1 & 2 leads only gave 8-9 volts then increased to 11-12 volts when the ignition was turned off eventually falling to zero. Weird!
47f139faa271197aaaf7558d0a5775f0.jpg

Back