Buying exhaust

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephens1000rr

Reaction score
Right so I?m on the look for a exhaust slip on for the mean time..... anyone know the best dealer uk wise to buy off?

would love Austin racing or sc project but the waiting time ridiculous on them and can you get them uk based??

Thanks in advance đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

If you ordered now you'd have it for the end of Feb. in time for better weather?

I called calsport today asking about their akrapovic hoping they'd be able to offer a bit of a discount on their stainless steel full system (is their website correct - 12bhp increase without re-fuelling (i dont mean that you never have to put petrol in it ever again)? .. the description says the exhaust is designed so that no re-fuelling is required), but they weren't up for any bartering. They did say that theres a price increase on the way though - so those that are so-inclined, nows the time...

Was wondering if anyone had contact or worked for a dealer, boy on Facebook offered me a brand new dominator full SS system for ?580?

I called calsport today asking about their akrapovic hoping they'd be able to offer a bit of a discount on their stainless steel full system (is their website correct - 12bhp increase without re-fuelling (i dont mean that you never have to put petrol in it ever again)? .. the description says the exhaust is designed so that no re-fuelling is required), but they weren't up for any bartering. They did say that theres a price increase on the way though - so those that are so-inclined, nows the time...

I am pretty sure that these akrapovic systems and end cans can be bought through a bmw dealer using bmw part numbers (I have done this in the past successfully with link pipes and end cans). You should get premier discount if you go to AJ or Lind on the parts, and they will come with 2 year warranty from bmw of you buy them that way. I have no idea if it works out cheaper for you this way but worth the mention.

AkrapoviÄŤ

You can buy both the aftermarket stainless steel or titanium AkrapoviÄŤ full exhaust systems via your BMW dealership but they will most likely come supplied via Performance Parts Ltd. You may get more of a discount buying from your BMW dealer as they will be paying trade prices when supplying it so may be able to discount it further. As far as I'm aware the only AkrapoviÄŤ exhaust parts with a BMW part number are the titanium link pipe (and OEM exhaust) for the HP4, AkrapoviÄŤ HP slip-on exhausts and those for the HP Race Power Kit. All of the official AkrapoviÄŤ HP exhausts/slip-ons also have the 'AkrapoviÄŤ' logo laser-etched onto the exhaust silencer as opposed to a heat proof coloured sticker.

AkrapoviÄŤ

Despite the claims made on the AkrapoviÄŤ website of being able to fit one of their full systems without the need to adjust the fuelling, I've found this to be complete nonsense. Every time I have fitted one of their systems to a bike the fuelling has had to be adjusted and in some cases quite significantly. The bottom line is if you fit a full system you are likely going to need to buy a fuel management module (RapidBike etc) to compliment it and ensure the A-F ratio is correct.

Re: AkrapoviÄŤ

Despite the claims made on the AkrapoviÄŤ website of being able to fit one of their full systems without the need to adjust the fuelling, I've found this to be complete nonsense. Every time I have fitted one of their systems to a bike the fuelling has had to be adjusted and in some cases quite significantly. The bottom line is if you fit a full system you are likely going to need to buy a fuel management module (RapidBike etc) to compliment it and ensure the A-F ratio is correct.

Think I?ll go for a slip on first the buy a fuel module before the full system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back