Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying exhaust

Akrapovič

You can buy both the aftermarket stainless steel or titanium Akrapovič full exhaust systems via your BMW dealership but they will most likely come supplied via Performance Parts Ltd. You may get more of a discount buying from your BMW dealer as they will be paying trade prices when supplying it so may be able to discount it further. As far as I'm aware the only Akrapovič exhaust parts with a BMW part number are the titanium link pipe (and OEM exhaust) for the HP4, Akrapovič HP slip-on exhausts and those for the HP Race Power Kit. All of the official Akrapovič HP exhausts/slip-ons also have the 'Akrapovič' logo laser-etched onto the exhaust silencer as opposed to a heat proof coloured sticker.

Riding
    2015 S1000RR Sport

Re: Buying exhaust

Keep an eye on eBay too. I got HP akra slip on from BMW for £500 delivered.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stephens1000rr View Post
    Was wondering if anyone had contact or worked for a dealer, boy on Facebook offered me a brand new dominator full SS system for £580?
    surely the dealer you bought off will look after you

Quote Originally Posted by FreudianSlip View Post
    I called calsport today asking about their akrapovic hoping they'd be able to offer a bit of a discount on their stainless steel full system (is their website correct - 12bhp increase without re-fuelling (i dont mean that you never have to put petrol in it ever again)? .. the description says the exhaust is designed so that no re-fuelling is required), but they weren't up for any bartering. They did say that theres a price increase on the way though - so those that are so-inclined, nows the time...
    12bhp is a lot without any fuelling a doubt it, you only get 12-15 with a proper flash on the latest 1000cc bikes done by someone who knows their buisness

Akrapovič

Despite the claims made on the Akrapovič website of being able to fit one of their full systems without the need to adjust the fuelling, I've found this to be complete nonsense. Every time I have fitted one of their systems to a bike the fuelling has had to be adjusted and in some cases quite significantly. The bottom line is if you fit a full system you are likely going to need to buy a fuel management module (RapidBike etc) to compliment it and ensure the A-F ratio is correct.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RyS1000RR For This Useful Post:

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Stephens1000rr's Avatar
    Riding
    2018 BMW S1000RR

Re: Akrapovič

Quote Originally Posted by RyS1000RR View Post
    Despite the claims made on the Akrapovič website of being able to fit one of their full systems without the need to adjust the fuelling, I've found this to be complete nonsense. Every time I have fitted one of their systems to a bike the fuelling has had to be adjusted and in some cases quite significantly. The bottom line is if you fit a full system you are likely going to need to buy a fuel management module (RapidBike etc) to compliment it and ensure the A-F ratio is correct.
    Think Iíll go for a slip on first the buy a fuel module before the full system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riding
    S1000RR 15 Motorsp

My personal choice - I'm not currently interested in tracking her. So it's aesthetics ( my personal opinion) and raucous notes - does come with a baffle.

Racefit

https://store.racefituk.com/collections/bmw-s1000