Hello Everyone

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrismac

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just bought my first S1000RR - Slightly scared of it as I've taken a sizable jump from a Triumph Street Triple 675!

Roll on the summer so I can get out on it...

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new bike.

You will be fine, you can always stick it in rain mode if you dont trust yourself lol.

Welcome, The RR is very user friendly, like the 'blade, in town it's easy to use. There's more of everything compared to the 675...especially wind protection! :D

Hi Chris, don't be scared the bike will look after you. No prizes for switching off all the safety devices on a bike like that and then wondering why it's such an animal. Get used to it and you will be enjoying it for years to come.

You'll reach the same level of coolness whether in rain mode or slick as bystanders looking at you will have no idea what mode you are in.

Ride safe and welcome to the site.

JimmyMac

Welcome to the forum Chris and congratulations on your new RR!

As the others have said, SThou?s are remarkably user friendly so you have nothing to be afraid of.
I suspect the biggest thing to get accustomed to will be the riding position coming from a naked bike.
I had a Daytona 675 myself before purchasing my RR, the Triumph Triples are sweet engines aren?t they? [emoji846]

+1 on what Jay says re Premier Membership, it?s well worth it [emoji6]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.

May you have many happy miles ahead of you, though I have every confidence your RR will excite and impress in equal measure indefinitely [emoji4]

Oli

I've heard a lot of people say they're easy to ride, should be fun! I've been round Knockhill on an R6 so have a bit of experience with this type of riding position, was sore after a day of maximum attack though :eek:nthego:

Don't think it'll be out of rain mode for a long time :)

Hi Chris welcome in mate.. Knockhill ! You must be a Scottish lad.. where you from then ?

The bike will only go as quick as you want it... no matter which mode is selected. Just jump on it and enjoy, but in the interim tell us a bit more about yersel...and as Jimmy says sign up as a premier member to get the full benefit out of the forum.

Cheers

Stuart (Dumbarton)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back