Arghhhh

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Anyone ever undertaken a truly monotonous job... I need a new key rack for my lettings and sales...

so I decided to make one.. comprising 6ft x 2.5ft Pine Board...line out and drill 360 pilot holes...and the motherfuxker of all jobs, screw in these feckin key hooks all 360 of them..I started it about 2 weeks ago and promised to finish it whilst off on xmas break..... anyone bored at all...I pay good money !
c98fb787ff96ae05aab6fa47801088fa.jpg
6b5258b78d940f1975b4c0acf3318e9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looking good Stu! That is indeed a ?monuments job?!

Liking the Sky Q remote too lol, how are you getting on with it?

Last edited:
Lol.. its a total nightmare of a job.. oh I forgot to add...numbered stickers and finished with 2 coats of water based clear varnish (which is crap) to hold them in situ... my brains numb soof..dunno bout the arms.

Aye the SKY Q is shit hot Oli..only complaint is the upstair satelite box drops connection with the main downstairs at times.. 21st century problems. They've done their homework...it's way smart piece of kit and all for no charge..

Stuart

Stuart, I used to sell hooks like that in my ironmongers shop, I also had a metal tube (about the diameter of a bic pen) that had a wee slot cut out. You put the tube in a cordless drill and the hook inside it, you could then drill each hook into place and then just lift the tube off.

You must be seriously fecked off doing that, is there no some wee jakey who you could get to do it for you.

JimmyMac

I was about to say there must be a drill attachment for that...or a way to fashion one!

- Sent from Mobile

I was about to say there must be a drill attachment for that...or a way to fashion one!

- Sent from Mobile

Alex the one I had was clearly not made in a factory I think the previous shop owner got someone to make it, worked a treat on all different lengths, I might still have it as I still have a large quantity of the stock.

I'll wait until Stuart finishes his project then look for it.

JimmyMac

Stuart, I used to sell hooks like that in my ironmongers shop, I also had a metal tube (about the diameter of a bic pen) that had a wee slot cut out. You put the tube in a cordless drill and the hook inside it, you could then drill each hook into place and then just lift the tube off.

You must be seriously fecked off doing that, is there no some wee jakey who you could get to do it for you.

JimmyMac

I was hoping you would have offered... I don't get the tube/slot thing ?. Actually I wracked my brain thinking of something like that and my brain never engaged.. now you bloody tell me ! Lol.

Ah rite..... I sort of know what you mean now... ucht I'm almost finished anyhow...but what a pisser of a job.. hold on an Ironmongers ? Ffs is there anything you DIDN'T do ?

Last edited:
Buggeration. Nice job tho, Stu. Betcha fingers aint happy after an hour of that!
They are red raw Huge... but thats it finished now..5 coats clear lacquer ensures the sticky numbers stay stuck..I hope I never need to do another. The rest of my life wil be gravy.

Back