My Gen 1 RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePeps

Reaction score
So I've spent a bit of time doing some tidying up of the BM, gave it a proper decent clean over Christmas and then just been doing a few little details today. It's not been cleaned for months so it was completely minging, to the point that the dead flies on the front had gone mouldy and furry!

Untitled by Joe Pepper, on Flickr

Under the seat and back of the bike was caked in tar after the council kindly did some shitty work on the main road near my house so I tackled that with some tar remover so that's come up nicer. Surprised to see quite a lot of stone chips which is a bit annoying but can't see it unless you look under so no major drama.

Then I needed to swap my tank grips, I originally went for the clear ones but pretty quickly they discoloured to yellow and got a lot of dirt in the edges and looked really tatty so they came off and fitted some fresh black ones that should stay looking ok for a lot longer.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I'm a little bit torn on what to do with it, love it to bits but getting the urge to swap out for a HP4 Carbon as I can see them going up in value if looked after, or at the worst case not losing anything. Would have to put another ?7k into it though and not sure I want one 'that' much. Or might stick a deposit down on the brand new one being released at some point this year. Or just keep mine and maybe buy a KTM 690SMC for some slow speed fun.

Planning on as much track time as possible next year on whatever I have, plus booked up for a week at the TT in May so really looking forward to it!

I'd honestly if I were in your shoes is get a KTM 690 or possibly a Aprilia SXV 550, I owned 3 SXV's and loved it. Read some reviews they are without doubt the best SM you can buy. Keep the s1k you have, the HP4 will sure be more rare etc but what real gain will you get from it?

P.S. When can I come round so you can clean my bike

Last edited:
trouble is if you use an hp4 you devalue it so cant see the point of some who buy to stick in garage

If you use anything you devalue it.

Well looked after HP4s have strong residuals despite being used. Abused examples not so much :).

I'd honestly if I were in your shoes is get a KTM 690 or possibly a Aprilia SXV 550, I owned 3 SXV's and loved it. Read some reviews they are without doubt the best SM you can buy. Keep the s1k you have, the HP4 will sure be more rare etc but what real gain will you get from it?

P.S. When can I come round so you can clean my bike

This is a big consideration I'll be honest. The main thing that puts me off a little bit is I currently have the bike and 2 cars, I'm also thinking of selling my M2 and getting something a little more weekend orientated and then a normal daily, so 3 cars and 1 bike, plus another potential bike means I'm paying a lot of tax / MOT / servicing etc a year!

I guess no huge gains, but I love the S1K's and don't normally keep stuff too long so starting to get the itch....

Come round anytime, you local to Derby?!

trouble is if you use an hp4 you devalue it so cant see the point of some who buy to stick in garage

My point is they will hold the value better than me buying a brand new one for the same money. They are going to have much stronger residual than any bike that is more mass produced. Plus they actually are a little bit special and I do like something a little bit different.

Sadly I live no where near Derby! I'd honestly maybe get a 2015+ s1k + a SuperMoto. Thats what I want to do anyways :p

Sadly I live no where near Derby! I'd honestly maybe get a 2015+ s1k + a SuperMoto. Thats what I want to do anyways :p

I'd have to keep my current and buy a SM, or upgrade mine and keep to 1 bike unfortunately. Need to spend a bit of money on the house this year and my plan was to stop wasting as much money on vehicles this year, not quite looking that way currently!

I work in Derby so can I drop off before work and pick up after work!

And a tidy job too!

Back