Hi, new member from Sweden

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanielF

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just bought a S1000RR -15 road-racing bike. I looking for great modes and video/youtube clips for this bike. Also info and video clips of how to disassemble and assemble the bike.

At the moment I need to change my lower triple clamp since the attachment point on the triple clamp (for the steering damper) is broken.

I have also a thought to just install a clamp around the fork leg and attach the steering damper to that? So you do not need to change the triple clamp and than save money and time. But I can not find a steering damper clamp that has a 55mm diameter attachment. The fork leg on my S1000RR -15 has a 55mm diameter fit or?

Best regards
/Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find or be given the information you need - there are many knowledgeable folks on here regarding the mechanics of the bikes. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them :)

Welcome to the forum Daniel and congratulations on your new RR!

I believe the fork diameter is 55 mm, though wait for further confirmation.

Do you ride on road too, or are you exclusively a track day rider/racer?

Enjoy the forum and may you have many happy and successful miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Back