Jock in France

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I missing something.. the big twin is bound to decelerate quickly due to engine braking.. no ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not according to soof, as said above you can use the throttle to cut the CC without the engine braking sharply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rolling the throttle off past the point of resistance will also disengage the cruise control, I find it less aggressive on the bike to do it that way instead of touching the brake which has a more sudden effect.

Tried this out yesterday and it indeed works exactly as described! [emoji16]

Whilst I don?t necessarily find it smoother then say pulling the clutch in, it is a very useful way to disengage the cruise control when cruising on and off for an extended period

Last edited:
I'd have loved CC for my European trip last July, my wrist was killing me on those long stretches on the Autobahns and Motorways..

Stuart

Stuart, my GSA does not come with CC but before I went to Valencia I bought a ?8 carbon one that a lad on UkGser forum makes. It is universal to fit any bike and was a Godsend on the long motorway in Portugal and Spain. It looks like a giant clothes peg and would save you getting a sore right wrist during the day as I know this would wreck your sex life, lol.

I'll see if I have any photos to show you.

JimmyMac

Thats a relief oli. I started doubting myself, thinking of what was going to happen if it didnt work yikes.

Last edited:
Thats a relief oli. I started doubting myself, thinking of what was going to happen if it didnt work yikes.

I?m still confused as I swear I?ve tried that...and would have used it if it had worked.

But...clearly not.

- Sent from Mobile

Haha, and relax ... [emoji16]

Thanks again for pointing the feature out, I?m going to have fun next time at Cannon Motorrad seeing if the sales guys know about this ?secret? feature lol

I?m still confused as I swear I?ve tried that...and would have used it if it had worked.

But...clearly not.

- Sent from Mobile

I can absolutely, 100 %, guarantee that this is legit.
I can picture your reaction already when you get your bike back and have the eureka moment lol [emoji23]

There?s no free play in the throttle, no sticking in the positive range of motion. However, there is an additional ~ 2 degrees of closable rotation available. It?s firmly ?sprung?, if that makes sense, so you?ve got to willingly over-close the throttle to make it work

Stuart, my GSA does not come with CC but before I went to Valencia I bought a ?8 carbon one that a lad on UkGser forum makes. It is universal to fit any bike and was a Godsend on the long motorway in Portugal and Spain. It looks like a giant clothes peg and would save you getting a sore right wrist during the day as I know this would wreck your sex life, lol.

I'll see if I have any photos to show you.

JimmyMac
Aye lets have a look Jimmy. I remember years ago some mob were selling a throttle thing that sort of wrapped round the grip and took the tension off your wrist. Can't recall who but it was in the eighties.. and it was dead cheap n all 6 quid or the like...might actually have been Scottoiler that done it..

Aye, similar thing ?8 posted to my house.

6e472efb692ad553343c5e90a06269ab.jpg

Takes a bit of getting used to as your hand is about 10 mm further to the right and it makes the grip feel narrower. Takes about two days to forget about it. Works great though.

JimmyMac

Aye, similar thing ?8 posted to my house.

6e472efb692ad553343c5e90a06269ab.jpg

Takes a bit of getting used to as your hand is about 10 mm further to the right and it makes the grip feel narrower. Takes about two days to forget about it. Works great though.

JimmyMac
Lol...looks like a big pair of pliers Jimmy..

Back