Trackers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimmy Macs got a good set up on his Felix.. dont know what it's called but he says it"s a great bit of kit..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Felix, as Stuart says I have a BikeTrac fitted to both my bikes, absolutely great bit of kit. If you push the bike with no keys in it, they will phone you before you can get more than a few metres and check that everything is ok. As far as I am led to believe they have a 100% recovery rate for bikes stolen, you can watch your bike on your phone when it's being ridden and track it's every move, check battery power etc. They even phoned me when I crashed in Andorra to check I was ok, bloke on the phone told me if I had not answered he would have sent my co-ordinates to the French emergency services.

Cannot recommend enough.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Hi Felix, as Stuart says I have a BikeTrac fitted to both my bikes, absolutely great bit of kit. If you push the bike with no keys in it, they will phone you before you can get more than a few metres and check that everything is ok. As far as I am led to believe they have a 100% recovery rate for bikes stolen, you can watch your bike on your phone when it's being ridden and track it's every move, check battery power etc. They even phoned me when I crashed in Andorra to check I was ok, bloke on the phone told me if I had not answered he would have sent my co-ordinates to the French emergency services.

Cannot recommend enough.

JimmyMac
Their after sales service etc is superb.
Warranty is superb.
The new (ish) app is fantastic & very useful.
It definitely gives piece of mind , particularly if you leave the bike unattended in a public place.

However, correct fitting is the key . On a S1000RR & similar there are very few places where you can conceal the device.
Consequently, the recovery rate of the device is close to 1000% but unfortunately it is not always attached to the bike!

Manufacturers have the ability to intigrate this technology into new bikes. This will definitely be a step forward IMO as it will be more difficult to remove than an aftermarket device.

Out of the current crop, I would still go with biketrac.

A tracker is better than no tracker & there is sometimes a discount on insurance.

Thanks for the reviews guys, I'll defiantly contact them today to find out more. Just one little question though, Can they use this tracker against you? E.G. Speeding?

Thanks for the reviews guys, I'll defiantly contact them today to find out more. Just one little question though, Can they use this tracker against you? E.G. Speeding?

No, the speed and tracked route is protected by a password and nobody can access it other than you or someone you give your password to.

I was a cop for ten years Ben if you didn't know along with another member on here and can assure you Data Protection Laws are very robust to stop us turning into a Police State. However, I have in the past used a print out from my BikeTrac to show I was doing 37MPH in a 40 zone when an ex-colleague of mine was insistant that I was doing in the region of 90 MPH.

He was quite shocked the day after this attempted fit up to be on the receiving end of a lecture from a Chief Inspector holding on to my print out.

Quite cheap if if you take the 3 year subscription for absolute peace of mind.

JimmyMac

Thanks Jimmy, just reading through reviews of them everyone seems to love them

+ 1 on BikeTrac. It's a good bit of kit & as JimmyMac says they call you straight away if its moved. The low battery alert is also useful, if you don't use the bike every day. You can disable the speed logging if you want.

Tracker.com are a decent outfit. I have one on my old VW camper van as it was the only way I could get agreed value insurance and be insured if I ever left it on my driveway overnight. Never had need to use it fortunately.

I got the Datatool Trakking Adventure fitted to my S1RR when I bought it and it all of the features of BikeTrac so far as I can see. Its the system that BMW dealers now offer though you can get it fitted cheaper I dare say if you shop around. By the way Datatool have two tracker offers. The Adventure has loads of route recording stuff as additional features so you can record trips you have made as well as manned monitoring and bike recovery linked to the police.

The main thing is there is a website that is password protected where you can see any journeys you have made, speed etc. if you want. You can also get SMS messages set up so that you get a message if the bike moves with or without the key in the ignition. Its so sensitive I sometimes set it off getting the S1XR out of the garage which is parked next to it. As a previous poster said, there is pretty much nowhere on an S1RR to put teh bracket other than under the pillion seat and they are an arse to fit according to Pete Mouncer who fitted the alarms to both my bikes (he trades as The Bike Alarm Guy and is really good)

But I will add that for those of us shipping our bikes to the continent etc, the cheap eBay trackers are quite handy. I'd have one if I didn't have the BikeTrac already.

Those of you with trackers, what sort of insurance discounts have you noticed?
I like the idea of Bike Trac [emoji846]

Ditto - it wasn't so much a discount, more, OK you can have insurance in Central London...

Cheers guys, I?m surprised insurance companies don?t reward the use of trackers.

@alex yea I can imagine it being impossible to insure in central London without one [emoji17]

None Oli, I got one after I had a bike nicked.

JimmyMac

I?m really sorry to hear that Jimmy, bike theft is a major issue in the UK, particularly in major cities! [emoji17]

I?m still truly surprised that there is no incentive from insurance companies to install trackers, I would have thought this is hugely beneficial for both parties ...

Regardless of insurance though, I am very impressed with the ?safety? service BikeTrac offers where they can contact emergency services for you in the event of an off, as you mention Jimmy

I've just been through the annual insurance nightmare. Being inside the M25 I was told I had to garage them (which I do) or no insurance.

Btw BeMoto won but it was a close call with IAM

Those of you with trackers, what sort of insurance discounts have you noticed?
I like the idea of Bike Trac [emoji846]
A slight discount @Oli.

However there were more players in the marketplace bidding for my business. This in turn made the whole process more competitive.

The added peace of mind is the most valuable part for me.
It?s the little things. Going into town for a meeting on the bike. The bike is paired with my phone, my phone is paired with my watch.
As long as my watch doesn?t vibe , I can stop stressing about the bike if that makes sense.

If at any stage I want further reassurance, two taps on an app, and I can see the bike on a map. From the quadlock thread I seem to remember you have an iPhone X, which eliminates the password faff too (face recognition).

The whole process is quick & convenient.

Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Back