i2i - Knee Down Course

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well **** it.
My body position is much better, I'm much clearer and consistent on that front but at 30mph I just couldn't get the knee to the floor.

The day was really good, but its knackering.
The Bovingdon 'circuit' is smooth and consistent but narrow. The corners that were right for knee down generally had grass or hay bales immediately outside them! By all accounts the other locations and coned figure of 8 setups are much better. But we worked with what we had. Ground was wet for the entire day but it was not raining and got better.

So whilst the last little bit of lean at 30mph escaped me Tom was happy that on track at speed I would be much better in future, (because I would benefit from the extra intertia which would further stabilise the platform)...so on to Snetterton in May.

- Alex

Last edited:
Sounds like you'll have it cracked next time you're on track Alex, most of us would struggle with knee down at 30mph

Sounds like you'll have it cracked next time you're on track Alex, most of us would struggle with knee down at 30mph
Tbh 1 of 6 was managing it consistently, which I thinks demonstrates it wasn't the most conducive setup.

I2I have to work with what they get. Speaking of which, @stuartb, they are setting up a new site in Carlisle...might be an option for you.

- Alex

At least you are honest alex! Its a shame you didnt get it going, once you feel the contact it is surprisingly easy to repeat, its having the confidence to go for it I think, you were only probably mm away. Glad you had a good day anyway, cant be a bad way to get into the right mindset for the trackday season!

Tbh 1 of 6 was managing it consistently, which I thinks demonstrates it wasn't the most conducive setup.

I2I have to work with what they get. Speaking of which, @stuartb, they are setting up a new site in Carlisle...might be an option for you.

- Alex
I read this thread earlier and thought this would be great but theres nothing much up here for us. I'd like to do same.. so sounds good Alex cheers...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

At least you are honest alex! Its a shame you didnt get it going, once you feel the contact it is surprisingly easy to repeat, its having the confidence to go for it I think, you were only probably mm away. Glad you had a good day anyway, cant be a bad way to get into the right mindset for the trackday season!
Thanks, yes they said it was fractions but hey ho...

Did you use the street triple? I did not like its throttle pickup it wasn't like the beemers seamless version thats for sure.

- Alex

Thanks, yes they said it was fractions but hey ho...

Did you use the street triple? I did not like its throttle pickup it wasn't like the beemers seamless version thats for sure.

- Alex

Yes, the triple... it was ok but my bike wasnt the ride by wire you are enjoying;).

I recommend all the courses.
Machine Control 1-3 build on each other and culminate in knee down.
They break down bad habits and rebuild.

- Alex

I was there on the day too - deffo recommend the course - the focus is not actually on getting your knee down but on machine control, rider inputs and body position. Put those elements together correctly at the right speed round the right corner and viola... not that I did it either - but my main focus was to get out of bad habits that I feel I'd gotten into doing mainly commuting only for the last 4/5 years and the exercises we did definitely helped and were really enjoyable to boot - an essential element in learning - I particularly liked riding round the course in 6th gear no handed - quite freaky!

@ Alex - good to meet you buddy. You improved really well over the course of the day especially body position and throttle control - there really was only mm in it at times and it should pay dividends next time you're on track :encouragement:

Cheers Graeme, I didn't like that ST throttle much, everytime I cracked it the thing lurched!
You were looking smooth and nicely balanced too.
Hopefully see you about.

Back