Hi from the Netherlands.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry dude I don’t want to offend and I thank you for not being funny. And it pleases me to see it’s not you !! I enjoyed reading ur landing here and even commented on tc useage ... I never viewed the vid at that point and when I did it hit a nerve.
I look forward to reading ur exploits my friend
And envy ... I’ve never been on the autobahn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No need to say sorry Jay, everybody has opinions and it's always good to share them.

I can read and understand the German comments at the vid on Youtube. Most comments are similar to yours when it comes to riding style. For me riding is all about learning throttle control and not throttle abuse.

That said it is such a real joy to ride on non speed restricted roads. I myself live in the Netherlands and it's a 1,5 hour ride to the German border, but is well worth the effort to do every now and then.

Happy to be here too, great forum with so much information about the bike. Lots to learn here and if possible to give something back to the group.

Never been to Germany buddy but i do love the flat lands of Holland , the twisties in the severe north but most of all ‘gorges du verdon’ in France , all a ride away from you ! I have to say riding 12000 feet up mountain roads above lake Castellane dodging fallen rocks on a proper 200bhp superbike just fulfills life ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hahaha, never had fallen rocks on my bike, though I have done quite a bit mountain riding with my previous bikes, amongst others a Ducati Multistrada, big fun. In spring/may it will be first time on the S1000RR. Then I will do a one week round trip, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Netherlands. Approx 2400 km... Looking forward to that trip...

As bad as that video may be with regard to riding style (note that I'm not commenting on the skills as they're far far better than mine) it is actually warming to see the electronics in action. I've only rarely had the tc light flash at me, probably because this is the 1st bike (well, this is my 2nd s1k, but you know what i mean) that has anything over ABS (and that was on a honda cb1300 ... what a pig of a machine that was!) that i've ever ridden. I'm probably being very over-cautious having watched that video - i certainly need to start trusting the binary bits more.

Oh, and welcome to the forum :)

Back