Hi from the Netherlands.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xenox

Reaction score
Well here is my welcome post, I'm a RR owner and hope to learn here more about this wonderful bike. Cheers.

Welcome to the forum!

What RR do you have and what sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
May you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Hi Oli, I own a 2017 S1000RR, so sporty riding is my thing, short and long distances, german autobahn pulls because there you have no speed limits... :)

Hi Oli, I own a 2017 S1000RR, so sporty riding is my thing, short and long distances, german autobahn pulls because there you have no speed limits... :)

Nice one! What colour and spec is it?

Wish we had unrestricted Autobahns in the UK, I think people would generally respect speed limits more in residential areas etc if we could actually ?make progress? on motorways.
I?ve never ridden in Europe, but would love to do a Euro Tour one day and experience the Autobahns for myself. Must be incredibly liberating being able to actually go for it, legally!

Enjoy your new steed, in my experience they never fail to excite and impress in equal measure [emoji16]

Oli

Bike is full option, every box ticked, German Autobahn without speed limits is a great experience, especially when you ride with more than one bike, big fun. And yes, the RR impresses again and again, never ever boring ;-)

Bike is full option, every box ticked, German Autobahn without speed limits is a great experience, especially when you ride with more than one bike, big fun. And yes, the RR impresses again and again, never ever boring ;-)

Excellent choice!

I can imagine; I?m either working, riding or watching YouTube footage of bikes. Have just subscribed to your channel, so I?ll look forward to enjoying the Autobahns vicariously through you lol [emoji6]

Last edited:
Won't be any time sooner than spring for the first footage to appear on my channel, but I own several GoPro's and I wil for sure use them on the bike. Next may I have plans for a weeks trip from Holland to Italy on the bike, the German part of the trip will be mainly Autobahn. But there are also very nice vids from others to watch. I like the one below very much, I already did similar riding there in Germany, enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yis2DUlNs7I&index=3&list=PLajwv7uUbQIYi4tOOGB-7eGyW7jCvbZoW

The Autobahn is great.... when it's not raining lol....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Guess no one prefers "rain mode" lol...

Question: I would like to update my profile info, but then I get the message "you do not have permission to access this page". Am I doing something wrong or is it because I'm a new member?

Hi Xenox,
The site owner needs to set you as 'green' (as opposed to red) before you can edit the profile.

Won't be any time sooner than spring for the first footage to appear on my channel, but I own several GoPro's and I wil for sure use them on the bike. Next may I have plans for a weeks trip from Holland to Italy on the bike, the German part of the trip will be mainly Autobahn. But there are also very nice vids from others to watch. I like the one below very much, I already did similar riding there in Germany, enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yis2DUlNs7I&index=3&list=PLajwv7uUbQIYi4tOOGB-7eGyW7jCvbZoW

I must confess I?m surprised. Do many people here lean on the electronics to that extent?? His TC light is never bloody off. I dont profess to be the fastest rider ever by any means but neither do I hang about. Maybe I was just bought up on bikes where that would eventually get you spat off so now I?m curious. Are you guys in the habit of leaning on the electronics like that?

I must confess I’m surprised. Do many people here lean on the electronics to that extent?? His TC light is never bloody off. I dont profess to be the fastest rider ever by any means but neither do I hang about. Maybe I was just bought up on bikes where that would eventually get you spat off so now I’m curious. Are you guys in the habit of leaning on the electronics like that?

My explanation to his TC light: He has perfect road conditions. While riding aggressive at optimal road conditions, one could opt to set the TC intervention to high for extra safety. Resulting in the TC blinking continuously? And no, I will definitely not leaning on the electronics continuously. In my opinion it should remain a safety feature for just in case .

Electrics are being used more and more and yeah me too and that?s how ten year ago I could only get a 3 minute lap and with electrics I?m now on 2.50, in that case u know without electric intervention u had it maxed so do I retire now or build on this by using electrics ... throw them electrics at me I wanna go faster.

Think some rely too much, too early though . I dislike abs on track and this year fettled with abs pro but as soon as got on other bike it messed me up knowing it weren?t there.
Horses for courses for sure but would I be without tc ... never it?s awesome and saved my life I don?t how many times or at least the Bikes !
In a few years the systems will have progressed further, look at MotoGP level , and our Bikes are way behind , it would be nice just to have what they have now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don?t get me wrong, I?m very glad I have them and for sure it?s saved my ass too, but I was just surprised to see such blatant disregard for any pretence at feeling where the edge was... simply wacking the throttle open and allowing the bike to tidy it up...

So I never watched the vid before commenting so glad I never said way to go dude coz it ain’t in my opinion .
I’m sorry but I can’t watch this, entering corners on engine revs only ,no throttle at 4000 revs dude ...bike swaying left to right , cant even maintain a line throughout the straight lanes let alone on lean and talk about just drop into a bend, no skill just hit it and hope. No directions into bends , no leaving the bend with preparation for next bend , I just see corrections after correction after correction. What happened to go to the right to turn left , go to the left to turn right ... what if a car or bike was overtaking coming other way. Without this preparation I would have no where to go. Bends are already happening before committing to any lean u can clearly see the bike way past corner entry.
Going fast ain’t a good rider , going fast with care for ur life is or at least others lives. And believe I say I ride like a twat but that’s a twat with care.
And note I didn’t even mention the tc .
I wish u all the best dude, ur riding habits just not for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi Jay, you are fully right in what you say about careful and thoughtful (not the same as slow) riding. The vid you are referring to is not mine, I do not ride like this and do not want to promote that riding style. I placed that vid as a German Autobahn example from some german guy. So not to wory, those are not my riding habits. Have a nice weekend! ;-)

Back