Motorcycle leather jacket

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking to purchase a new helmet and jacket, Have found the helmet I want but also want a jacket. After having 2 jackets now from alpinestars and RST, I could never get along with them as it was always so stiff around my arms. Is it just a case of literally wearing them in or do some makes have more tolerance?

Thanks

Re helmet, AGV Pista GP R lol [emoji23]

Re leather jacket, all sport leather jackets are stiff until suitably worn in.
Brand new leathers are always tight and stiff until they bed in, regardless of manufacture. There is a significant adjustment period going from textiles to leathers, or at least this is something I found in my experience

Re helmet, AGV Pista GP R lol [emoji23]

Re leather jacket, all sport leather jackets are stiff until suitably worn in.
Brand new leathers are always tight and stiff until they bed in, regardless of manufacture. There is a significant adjustment period going from textiles to leathers, or at least this is something I found in my experience

Nooo going for a HJC RPHA 11 :) Can't get along with AGV :(

I'll try it again, could never get used to leather jackets though, Which manufacturer do you ride in?

Nooo going for a HJC RPHA 11 :) Can't get along with AGV :(

I'll try it again, could never get used to leather jackets though, Which manufacturer do you ride in?

I know, was joking lol [emoji23]
Still can?t believe you sold it, sacrilege! [emoji6]

I have a bespoke 2-piece suit from Hideout Leather. I went with M2M as, unlike yourself, I have Cumberland sausage thighs yet (previously) lacked the ?touring? waist girth to accompany it lol. Hideout Leather aren?t far from me so M2M made sense. I really like their company and so when it comes to kit they are who I personally gravitate towards.

If however, I was a slim chap such as yourself, I would be looking at Dainese off the peg. I think you would fit Dainese suits well and to my eye they make some really good looking kit. I pseudo-copied one of their jacket designs for my Hideout jacket lol!

I would recommend visiting a shop such as Bike stop in Stevenage, or J&S accessories to try some kit on from a variety of manufacturers and see what fits you best

I recommend Held's Kangaroo / cow leather suits, light and flexible and therefore much easier to get on with when its hot and youre tempted to wear a jacket. Re jackets, I use an armoured Furygan textile jacket and RST adventure jacket depending on what I'm doing but agree with Jay on the protection front.

I had to replace my Richa jacket in the summer after the zip bust so got a new two piece also from Richa which is still stiff as shit, don’t know how long it’s gonna take to break in, although the trousers seem to have given a little more than the jacket :numbness:

Back