Textile repair

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RacersEdge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Pissed off! - I?ve just burnt what is likely to prove to be an expensive hole in my Halversson?s while dangling my legs to relieve stiff knees... Is there anyone who knows if this type of thing can be repaired and can recommend someone decent in the Midlands??

3f7b703a25304768dbdc0fd8358c5388.jpg

Sorry to hear of your textile troubles, that?s rotten luck!

I don?t know of anyone midlands based, however, you could send an email to Hideout Leather and see what they say.
They make textiles and stock Halvarssons. To my knowledge they offer repair services

Last edited:
Bummer Racersedge, I have used LSR to modify my adventure gear and the service was excellent, I actually visited them in Burnley to show the suit on for alterations but they do a very quick turn around whether in person or not.

Cannot recommend them enough and as they are authorised Goretex repairers it doesn't affect your warranty if you have one. My suit that I got altered was a ?2.5k Klim suit so I wouldn't let some donut with a sewing machine loose on it.

http://lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your woes.
+1 for LSR, they are experienced in repairing a multitude of fabrics.
Additionally they do a postal repair service so geography isn?t a concern.

Hope you get sorted soon.

Thanks guys! Most useful and I?ll email them later. Right now I?m still in the garage with a tube of Autosol and lots of elbow grease trying to get the melted mess from that hole off my exhaust. Think I need a stronger right wrist!

Unbelievable... so first things first... Jimmy great recommendation on LSR. Fantastic job! Now for the bad news. Only got them back last week... Been out again today for a blast to the beach and dragging a leg slightly away from some lights and felt a touch. F**k me I?ve only gone and done it again. SOOO either I put my old exhaust back on until summer cos it doesn?t happen with my leathers or I find a heat shield. It?s an Austin Racing GP1, and a bit of googling doesn?t seem to throw up that they do a heat shield. Anyone know of any generic that might do the trick?

Unbelievable... so first things first... Jimmy great recommendation on LSR. Fantastic job! Now for the bad news. Only got them back last week... Been out again today for a blast to the beach and dragging a leg slightly away from some lights and felt a touch. F**k me I’ve only gone and done it again. SOOO either I put my old exhaust back on until summer cos it doesn’t happen with my leathers or I find a heat shield. It’s an Austin Racing GP1, and a bit of googling doesn’t seem to throw up that they do a heat shield. Anyone know of any generic that might do the trick?

FFS that's a nightmare, never had that with my Arrow. Easier option would be put standard back on till summer .

That's a real bummer Racersedge, it will be cheaper to buy a new can at this rate. Can you not put your textiles inside your boots?

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Funny thing happened to my jackets when I got the S1. Pockets on all of them would open by themselves and the stitching on my budget jacket started to come apart (no idea why, officer). My choices were:

Upgrade all my kit (ouch) or
Ride slower (ouch) or
Make do and mend (whoop whoop).

Roughed up the zips with sand paper, tick. Glued up the seam and sewed a patch over to 'hide' the fix.

A bit of TLC turned my ?100 summer jacket turned into a favourite bit of kit. Tight-arse, that's me.

Point being, just like your bike, fix it up and you'll love it even more.

Photo 23-02-2018, 11 09 56.jpg

Back