Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrade to HP4 or a Gen 3?

Re: Upgrade to HP4 or a Gen 3?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePeps View Post
    So In April I will have had my Gen 1 for 2 years ('61 plate currently on 11k miles). So I'm thinking about a little upgrade and torn a bit on either a HP4 or a Gen 3 bike, both for around the same prices.

So, pros & cons:

HP4 - can swap my mods to it, less around so should hold value? Look awesome. However lower tech compared to a new one, and possibly less reliable?

Gen 3 - would have to buy new parts (probably an extra grands worth), but all the new tech and refinements.

Riding wise I probably do 2-3k on the road, however I'm determined to do 4/5 track days a year, plus a week at the TT. I'm not the quickest rider but I like to think I'm fairly competent and wanting to learn more about riding better.

I reckon it would be about £5k to swap to either, and mainly aiming to the HP$ because of the pros above, but is that the right road to go down?
    What did you go for in the end? I've been having the same debate with myself but I think I'll be getting an HP4 Carbon in the next week or so

Quote Originally Posted by Alex931 View Post
    What did you go for in the end? I've been having the same debate with myself but I think I'll be getting an HP4 Carbon in the next week or so
    Test rode a Panigale and a HP4, from the 2 the Ducati is the one for me. Got off that with the biggest grin ever, while I got off the HP4 and just thought it's a slightly better S1000RR that I already own.

It's a great bike but not in a million years worth £7k more than my gen1 - in my opinion!

Test rode a Panigale and a HP4, from the 2 the Ducati is the one for me. Got off that with the biggest grin ever, while I got off the HP4 and just thought it's a slightly better S1000RR that I already own.

It's a great bike but not in a million years worth £7k more than my gen1 - in my opinion!
    Fair enough mate, if the extra cost of the V4 is worth it to you then great! To be fair I reckon it’d be my choice too if money was no issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alex931 View Post
    Fair enough mate, if the extra cost of the V4 is worth it to you then great! To be fair I reckon it’d be my choice too if money was no issue

I actually rode an 1199s which you can pick up for less than a HP4!
    It's all horses for courses and the HP4 is a great bike, I think part of it is I fancy a complete change in looks / noise / character as I've had my gen1 for 3 years nearly.

I actually rode an 1199s which you can pick up for less than a HP4!
    It's all horses for courses and the HP4 is a great bike, I think part of it is I fancy a complete change in looks / noise / character as I've had my gen1 for 3 years nearly.
    Ahh sorry! I think my brain saw ‘Panigale’ and the ‘4’ and made me think it was a V4 you rode. Fair play!