S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nora

Reaction score
Hi all, hope you had a good Christmas and looking forward to a dry New Year ( The road condition only ^^ )
I am also looking forward to getting to know other members with an RR in their life.
I'm nearly 55 and thought i'd left my biking life behind me, but after 15 barren years of zero bikes i got involved
with a test ride on a demonstrator. Well i'm sure you can imagine the learning curve i had embarked on and i now own
a 17 plate which gives me a grin from ear to ear, just to own one is pleasure it's self.
I am wondering if the road riding will continue as my bike only seems to know 3 figures, i think it's a design fault that i must
get checked out on next service !
What has been the most surprising thing, is the awesome fun i have had at the track, 11 in 6 months and i can't wait for 2018.
Santa dropped off some wets on wheels, so come rain or shine i hope i meet some like minded doers and have a blast in the
new year. Hoping i made a good impression as i have never typed in my life, so here's hoping for some likes, btw i live in Norfolk
5 Mins from Snetters so any far away owners i might make friends with would have an overnight stop; own room and onsuit !
Anyway thank you to anyone who's read my chat ,live long and stay safe byeee byeee .

Nora :race2_smilie:

Welcome to the forum Nora and congratulations on your new RR!

Thank you for the excellent welcome post, it?s a pleasure to hear that you?re really enjoying your RR and are using it on both road and track. 11 track days in 6 months is very good going and now you?ve got a second set of wheels I can?t imagine you slowing down lol [emoji16]

Norfolk is a lovely part of the country, I think it?s fair to say Snetterton is going to be your go to circuit then [emoji6]

Hope you continue to enjoy your RR on both road and track and I hope to meet you on a ride out sometime in 2018 [emoji4]

Hope you and your family had a great Christmas too and that you have a fantastic New Year ahead

Oli

Great introduction Nora, welcome to the site and happy that you are enjoying your new bike after a sabbatical. Very addictive machines the RR but one that always leads to a smile at the end of the day.

Enjoy at all.

JimmyMac

Hi nora, welcome to the forum. Snetterton is my favourite track (probably because its the only one that gives me flattering lap times :) ). I only get there a couple of times a year so well behind on your count.

Hi Nora, I’m near Norwich too, keep in touch for a ride out or trackday at snetterton, Adam.

Good intro there Nora.. your name has me thinking and I am surprised no one has asked yet..lol..irrespective of that you've made a terrific choice of sickle and getting a present like a 2nd set of rims with boots on you clearly have a like minded partner or pal [emoji3].

Enjoy the forum...great chat and plenty track cats on here..

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum Nora and congratulations on your new RR!

Thank you for the excellent welcome post, it?s a pleasure to hear that you?re really enjoying your RR and are using it on both road and track. 11 track days in 6 months is very good going and now you?ve got a second set of wheels I can?t imagine you slowing down lol [emoji16]

Norfolk is a lovely part of the country, I think it?s fair to say Snetterton is going to be your go to circuit then [emoji6]

Hope you continue to enjoy your RR on both road and track and I hope to meet you on a ride out sometime in 2018 [emoji4]

Hope you and your family had a great Christmas too and that you have a fantastic New Year ahead

Oli

Hey Oli, thank you for that welcome i can't believe anybody was going to get back to an old timer like me, it was a nice surprise that you and other members are so positive :positive: :woot:

Hey Oli, thank you for that welcome i can't believe anybody was going to get back to an old timer like me, it was a nice surprise that you and other members are so positive :positive: :woot:

Don?t worry you?re certainly not the oldest, there?s plenty of ?mature? members on here lol [emoji6]

The forum has a wonderful community first and foremost, so enjoy the camaraderie and friendship [emoji4]

Hi Stuart thank you for your reply, such a nice bunch of guys , hope i get to see you sometime and i'll tell you the reason for Nora !! hehehehe

Wow i can't believe you guys reply like before i click and send lol . I'm just of out to find myself a secretary and dictionary hehehe

Welcome Nora, You look like you'll make a great contribution to the forum.

Hi Jimmymac, thx for your reply and yes you are quite right they are very addictive, may our addiction never be cured ^^.

looooool your guys are way to fast at messaging than my good self my brain is in melt down mode i didn't wright this much at school lol, but ill need to give you the story
of Nora over a pint and im buying !!

looooool your guys are way to fast at messaging than my good self my brain is in melt down mode i didn't wright this much at school lol, but ill need to give you the story
of Nora over a pint and im buying !!
OK then..and I'll tell you one about a bird called Mavis I fired into one night in Barrow in Furness when I was 18. Mavis and Nora ffs... bet mine was older lol.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Huhu Soofsayer, thank you for your reply , and im glad you like Snetterton but im going to have to bribe you with cream cakes and the like to get you here more than twice a year ,i need you i want you i need someone to " love ", i mean chase lol.
I don't suppose you are near Cadwell park by any chance ? Now my juices are flowing

Back