Almeria track insurance?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol mate,
that's who told our TDO to use them, one thing the fella who broke his collar bone did say, was the liaison person at the hospital said they never have any issues with PJ haymen
so that's who i will use if i go back there
Mut

PJ Hayman has doubled their price this year, so I went with BeMoto on a recommendation from FE as they are underwritten by Mapfre (Spanish insurer). Will be asking some questions when I arrive at Almeria on Friday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol mate,
that's who told our TDO to use them, one thing the fella who broke his collar bone did say, was the liaison person at the hospital said they never have any issues with PJ haymen
so that's who i will use if i go back there
Mut

Cheers! I used PJ last time, but quoted me ?160 this time (54 last time), but as you point out cheap is no good if don't pay out !

Last edited:
PJ Hayman has doubled their price this year, so I went with BeMoto on a recommendation from FE as they are underwritten by Mapfre (Spanish insurer). Will be asking some questions when I arrive at Almeria on Friday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i will phone them tomorrow and see what they have to say for themselves and let you know
Mut

Focused Events,or rather the hospital they use are,at present,not accepting policies from Holidaysafe,Travelmaster,Infinity or Bemoto Silver and Gold(don't know about purple-presumably not).
Quite simply,for peace of mind,it's easier to use P J Hayman.

The guy who broke his collar bone was probably lucky-if he had the correct insurance,it would doubtless have been operated on and plated, probably unnecessarily.I've broken a collar bone 3 times in the UK-never had one plated!.

The guy at Almeria who broke his collar bone has the Bemoto Purple Insurance and was taken to the private hospital. The underwriters of that policy declared that the collar bone did not warrant the operation as it wasn't 'essential' so sent him off, the hospital staff were ready to do it. It's in the small print apparently. We all paid ?55 for the policy and its worth nowt as it doesn't cover non essential operations/treatment, luggage, equipment, leathers etc.

The guy at Almeria who broke his collar bone has the Bemoto Purple Insurance and was taken to the private hospital. The underwriters of that policy declared that the collar bone did not warrant the operation as it wasn't 'essential' so sent him off, the hospital staff were ready to do it.
It would have had to have been a really smashed up break for the collar bone to be operated on, a bit off that the Underwriters declared it wasn't essential. Did they see the Xray?
When I broke my collar bone (along with my shoulder blade) I was given a sling and sent packing.

How is the guy, recovering ok?

Last edited:
Personally,I don't blame the underwriters-as I have often heard,hospitals in Spain are quite happy to spend your insurance money!
Although I had the correct insurance,when I broke my collar bone at Cartagena,I didn't even bother going to the hospital.

IMO,plating a collar bone is fine 'til you fall off again!

How is the guy, recovering ok?
We saw him on the last day and he was in good spirits. The underwriters/insurers called the hospital the day after the planned operation to ask how it went. I think there could have been some misunderstandings somewhere but that shouldn't happen when you're abroad, expecting to be properly cared for with a broken bone. Luckily he didn't travel alone so he had help getting himself home.

As above, I wouldn't want it done out there either. They didn't want to do it here when I broke mine, stitched the hole up ( it came through) and said it would heal on it's own. Was only when I kept complaining it was plated couple of weeks later..

Back