Almeria track insurance?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers all, ive got bemoto sorting me a quote. they do policy that focused are happy with but its more bespoke so dont just use there online forms. you have to call them.

cheers all, ive got bemoto sorting me a quote. they do policy that focused are happy with but its more bespoke so dont just use there online forms. you have to call them.

Interesting - my bike policy is already with them, so maybe I can bolt on...as my Four Counties expires in Feb.

Last edited:

Bemoto should sort you out a great deal if you mention the forum :).

got myself bemoto silver policy 10 days ago ready for Almeria, had an email saying this is no longer accepted there need to get a purple choice policy by their under writers. policy gone up from 38 quid to 96 quid.......S**t.
thought ok, try pj Haymen, that came out at ?160....and that just the basic "A" policy. So stuck with Bemoto even though got holiday safe annual policy
hope Almeria worth it :)
Mut

got myself bemoto silver policy 10 days ago ready for Almeria, had an email saying this is no longer accepted there need to get a purple choice policy by their under writers. policy gone up from 38 quid to 96 quid.......S**t.
thought ok, try pj Haymen, that came out at ?160....and that just the basic "A" policy. So stuck with Bemoto even though got holiday safe annual policy
Mut

it is, loved it and cannot wait to get back there. takes a few sessions to start to understand it.

Mut

How many days were your quotes for?

i said i was flying on the 9th and back on 14th, will clarify with Ben in morning as i only need the 4 days, hope they not quoted for 6 :)
cheers
Mut

Thanks. Reason for asking is I'm going for 7 days & Hayman quoted ?160 for 7 days. Will try Bemoto purple & see what they say.

It might be, but they do ask duration of insurance. From statistical point of view there is greater chance of making a claim in a 7 day event compared to a 3 day one, so there should be a price difference.

I have been with 4 counties/PJ Hayman for several years, usually an annual policy.

I just got a quote from PJ Hayman, it was almost double the last year's one.

I have gone with BeMoto, you need the Purple cover, it is underwritten by Mapfre, who are a Spanish insurer, they are good for Almeria according to FE, that policy also covers the rest of Europe.

The BeMoto cover cost significantly less than my previous policy, and way less then the quote for this year.

You need to call them, it's not possible to buy the correct cover online, speak to Ben on 01733907000

Hi all,
just got back from Almeria, who ever has Bemoto Purple choice ( as i did) beware, fella came off on day 2, busted collar bone, off he went to the normal hospital they take you too, only to be told sorry insurance say its not an emergency get it sorted when you get back to the uk!!! so he had to get his own pain killers and a clean sling himself and fly back as normal with a fractured collar bone.
i sent email asking for clarification of the policy as recommended by the TDO (on the say so of the fella that now runs Almeria :) ) and had a reply saying we will get back to you normally within 2 hours. 2 days later and a further 2 emails .....nowt back from them.
will let you know what they say.
wouldn't mind however paid another 40 notes on top of what i originally had
Mut

Hi all,
just got back from Almeria, who ever has Bemoto Purple choice ( as i did) beware, fella came off on day 2, busted collar bone, off he went to the normal hospital they take you too, only to be told sorry insurance say its not an emergency get it sorted when you get back to the uk!!! so he had to get his own pain killers and a clean sling himself and fly back as normal with a fractured collar bone.
i sent email asking for clarification of the policy as recommended by the TDO (on the say so of the fella that now runs Almeria :) ) and had a reply saying we will get back to you normally within 2 hours. 2 days later and a further 2 emails .....nowt back from them.
will let you know what they say.
wouldn't mind however paid another 40 notes on top of what i originally had
Mut

Thanks for that Mut! I have a quote from them and was going to purchase, but I'll get one of the FE recommended ones now.

Back