Go Pro mounts Helmet and bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got a GoPro for xmas very happy :D
Need to go out tomorrow and buy some mounts for the bike, Which is the best place everyone recommends? I've had a look and like the look of the chin mount. Anyone rocking this ?

What GoPro have you got Ben?

I like the look of the chin mounts too, if you have any issues securely sticking an adhesive mount to your helmet I would recommend a product such as Sugru. Worked very well for my intercom.

Will look forward to seeing some footage in due course [emoji16]

What GoPro have you got Ben?

I like the look of the chin mounts too, if you have any issues securely sticking an adhesive mount to your helmet I would recommend a product such as Sugru. Worked very well for my intercom.

Will look forward to seeing some footage in due course [emoji16]

It's the GoPro6. I'm trying to find a chin mount but cant see any anywhere at all : <
I know right I'm looking forward to combining the Mavic Pro with the Go Pro, Just need to learn to edit now :p

It's the GoPro6. I'm trying to find a chin mount but cant see any anywhere at all : <
I know right I'm looking forward to combining the Mavic Pro with the Go Pro, Just need to learn to edit now :p

Nice one!
I believe chin mounts are simply an adhesive mount stuck to the helmet chin bar.

You?ve certainly got a good setup that?s for sure! Will you be editing on a Mac or PC?

Nice one!
I believe chin mounts are simply an adhesive mount stuck to the helmet chin bar.

You’ve certainly got a good setup that’s for sure! Will you be editing on a Mac or PC?

It will be sideways if I do that. As the gopro case has the mount at bottom. I don't know how to explain really >.<

Also will be PC :D

Felix, the Gopro 6 can be set to film upside down as all gopros can. Set the rotation to automatic and it will always film the correct way for the mounting that you have chosen, either up or down.

When fixed to the bike the upside down mounting gives for less vibration and more stable films although the Hero 6 has a greatly improved anti vibration system built in, I use a combination of GoPro (3+ and 5 Black) and Sony equipment when making bike films. Fantastic toys you got from Santa, you must have been on his "Good" list, lol.

JimmyMac

@Felix just subscribed! [emoji6]

I don?t understand the issue with the chin bar setup, could you describe the problem more and/or upload a photo or two?

@JimmyMac @Felix
Do you have YouTube channels?

Sorry Oli, I just keep all my filming on my Mac, too complicated and time consuming otherwise. Took a good video of Malic last year giving it some in the Highlands the sound was superb from the two HP4's with lots of upshift popping and banging.

We were like a couple of kids in a sweet shop.

JimmyMac

@Felix just subscribed! [emoji6]

I don’t understand the issue with the chin bar setup, could you describe the problem more and/or upload a photo or two?

My first subscriber :D

I have uploaded a couple of photos to show

Sorry Oli, I just keep all my filming on my Mac, too complicated and time consuming otherwise. Took a good video of Malic last year giving it some in the Highlands the sound was superb from the two HP4's with lots of upshift popping and banging.

We were like a couple of kids in a sweet shop.

JimmyMac

Sounds like that was a good day then!
I went for a ride Christmas Eve, was my first ride in a while and the sound from these flat plane crank i4?s never fails to make me grin from ear to ear! [emoji16]

If you ever decide to setup a YouTube channel, let me know and I?ll happily be your first subscriber

I found you need the small j bend and normal curved mount, mine didn't fit perfectly to the curve of the chin bar but have had it on for 2 years and never came off. Kinda like the suction mount on the tank as well but it captures the clocks clear as day... you can get a helmet mount kit which does the side mount and includes the large and small j bend. I was never very keen having it sticking out the side of the helmet though as thought it a bit of risk if i took a tumble.

Last edited:
Really like the idea of a go-pro, but if my missus ever saw what I get up to on the RR...

Can't wait to get some awesome clips. Sucks that its raining today or i'd be out there.

Sorted, not exactly a chin mount but still does the job and it's what most motovloggers use

20171227_132206.jpg

Get yourselves some extra tie downs cheap on eBay, if your doing track days as no limits and MSV don?t allow them on helmets chest or tanks mounts for good reasons!
They introduce a point load if involved in a crash and your helmet and chest is not designed to withstand a single point load! I won?t mount to the helmet and prefer a stem or fairing mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camera

If you do use one on a trackday make sure it's secured to the bike properly! You don't want to be that person who caused a Yellow or Red flag because a marshal had to go pick it up off the track...

That might drive you mad on the side of the helmet, it will introduce alot of extra noise and drag, you can get mounts to put it on your chin.

I have a gopro 5 find it annoying that they don't give you a slightly longer mount to use on your chin.

Back