12v USB power for phone /gps

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody4000

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2010 s1k. I want power up the front to charge my phone and / or Tom Tom rider sat Nav.

There appears to be a few how tos on this site but the pictures do now load.

Any advice?

Cheers.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

How do I contact him? Sorry new here.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

No worries, simply select the ?search S1000RR UK forum? bar at the top of Tapatalk and type ?Stephen?, his profile will appear and you will see a message option, select ?forum PM? to send a personal message.

Hope you had a fantastic Christmas Day and are now enjoying a relaxing Boxing Day? [emoji4]

+1on Stephens offering.

I fitted mine in the summer. His kit is very well made, not expensive and the instructions are crystal clear... brilliant for charging your phone or running an auxilliary device... As Oli says just PM him.

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

its easy get a usb power cable from e bay ?3 and the take of a side panel fins your aug plug (small white 3 pins) take a test meter or a 12v bulb 2 wires and touch one to a bare metal part (as an earth) then the other end or wire to any other pin 1 is permanent live one is switch live then conect your cable to the switch live then it will come on only with the key in and go off 10 seconds AFTER the bike is turned off job done

@shawn

Please introduce yourself in the welcome area as per forum rules.

Many thanks [emoji846]

Hi, Stephen is a top bloke who works at Graham's Motorcycles and he modified the loom of a Garmin Satnav for me so that it has the correct accessory plug to simply plug into the loom on my 2017 behind the left hand fairing panel. The benefit of connecting to teh bike loom rather than just straight to the battery is that it is switched by the ignition. You will find the contact details in the Premium Member deals bit of the forum.

Back