Merry Christmas everyone!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oli

Staff member
Reaction score
As Christmas is drawing near, I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I mentioned in my Welcome Post that this is the first forum I have been a member of, and I can whole heartedly say that joining this forum has been one of the best decisions I?ve made in my Motorcycling adventure.
So far, I?ve made new friends, learnt more about our amazing bikes, discovered some excellent after market products/companies and hopefully been able to pass on/share some experiences of my own too. Essentially, this forum has turned out to be everything I could have hoped for, and more!

It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know you all online, and for those of you whom I?ve met/ridden with in person, it has truly been a great pleasure. I certainly hope to meet many more of you in 2018!

I?d like to thank specially @phil for organising multiple ride-outs over the Summer, I?ve not only popped my group ride cherry so to speak, but most of all, had absolutely fantastic days out. Phil, they were quite literally the most fun I?ve had all year, thank you ...

I?d also like to thank @alex and @RyS1000RR for helping to keep a diligent eye on the place (as Andy would say!).
Furthermore, special thanks have to go to our site administrator Andy (@soofsayer). Andy, as I mention in all Welcome posts, this is an amazing forum with an abundance of information, but most significantly, a fantastic community.
I?m sure I speak for everyone when I say that your efforts ?behind the scenes? are immensely appreciated.

To wrap this up, I would like to wish you all once again a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

Oli

Thanks Oli, it was great to meet you, ride with you and have you join the rideouts. You have contributed so much to the forum I really dont know how you get the time (?) but thank you.

Oh, and a Very Merry Christmas to you too Oli.. oh, and everyone on here too :cheerful:

Best Regards

Phil

Last edited:
Thanks Oli, it was great to meet you, ride with you and have you join the rideouts. You have contributed so much to the forum I really dont know how you get the time (?) but thank you.

Oh, and a Very Merry Christmas to you too Oli..

Best Regards

Phil

Thank you for the kind words Phil [emoji4]
Will look forward to joining EAMG in 2018! Would be fun to document progress on the forum ...

The forum is a great pleasure and very effective at taking my mind off Science, though it has also kept me up at night on occasion from being too ?switched on? about motorbikes [emoji6][emoji23]
One thing is for sure though, I think my eyes are now permanently pixelated from staring at screens! [emoji23]

Oli

Last edited:
Happy Christmas Oli and thanks for your kind words. Its been good to have you onboard as a moderator, keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing you in 2018.

Cheers Oli, you've been very clearly the Social Administrator of the year! :D
Have a good Christmas holiday, all.

Merry Christmas everyone, thanks for all the help/advice. Please keep me in mind for the Essex ride outs Phil.

Warren.

Merry Christmas Oli and everyone else on the forum, spring can't come soon enough!

Merry Christmas all.... hope to join you for an Essex Ride soon.... I am up for a ride at the weekends when my daughter does not have any swimming Galas.. i have been off work now for 1 week and having withdrawal symtoms already... I see the bike and feel like a blat... Maybe th3 7th Jan if anyone is around and wanting to head south from Box Hill !

See you on the other side and remember to keep it shiney side up !! Hope 2018 brings you all joy and to re-itterate to all those that make the forum what it is... thanks.

Cheers Oli, you've been very clearly the Social Administrator of the year! :D
Have a good Christmas holiday, all.

Haha cheers Alex, it?s the only role I can fulfil as I certainly can?t match yourself and Ryan on the technical side! [emoji6]

Have a good one guys. Met some really great people on here and really do like the forum, Been a apart of a few but none where the community is so active and helpful, Also nice. Thanks to Andy for keeping it running and thanks for all the mods for keeping it in tip top shape.
Special thanks to Oli for answering my silly questions sometimes :D
Love you all have a good Christmas <3

Last edited:
Have to say that this is the perhaps the most fool-free forum (try saying that 10 times!) I've ever been a part of which can only be attributed to 'Da Management' for keeping the "KH's" out; so thank-you for keeping it real. I've met quite a few members on here, had financial dealings with others, and am happy to report encountered zero problems. Maybe BMW do attract a certain clientele?

Anyway - I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a healthy, happy & prosperous New Year.

Have to say that this is the perhaps the most fool-free forum (try saying that 10 times!) I've ever been a part of which can only be attributed to 'Da Management' for keeping the "KH's" out; so thank-you for keeping it real. I've met quite a few members on here, had financial dealings with others, and am happy to report encountered zero problems. Maybe BMW do attract a certain clientele?

Anyway - I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a healthy, happy & prosperous New Year.

Yeah it's another thing I like about this forum, That everyone is 100% legit and I have not heard of one scam thats happened yet.

And it's a heart felt thank you from me to the guys behind the scenes, who keep this great forum running smoothly. Namely Alex, Andy (affectionately known as soof)
Ryan (RyS1000RR) and of course, Oli. This just has to be the best BMW forum around with all the good info posted on here. Much, much better (in my opinion) than any other.
i also agree with Felix about making purchases from members on here, having bought an akrapovic can (thanks Jordan) and a set of HP rear sets (thanks MaccRR) I had no need to worry at all.
And another thankyou to our own two resident comedians (we know who you are) who have kept me and many others laughing over this past year.
And thanks too to all those not mentioned, for posting on here, no matter what. It's been great reading.
All that has to be said now is..... Happy Christmas to everyone and a have a great but safe New Year!
Regards......roadrunner AKA Mike.

Warren. Just up the road then. We meet in Chelmsford @ boreham interchange just off A12. Would be good to have you join us.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words Phil [emoji4]
Will look forward to joining EAMG in 2018! Would be fun to document progress on the forum ...

The forum is a great pleasure and very effective at taking my mind off Science, though it has also kept me up at night on occasion from being too ?switched on? about motorbikes [emoji6][emoji23]
One thing is for sure though, I think my eyes are now permanently pixelated from staring at screens! [emoji23]

Oli

Hi Oli would be good to see you at EAMG. I?m one of the observers in the group and would be happy to give you a taster ride in the new year so you can go in knowing what the club offers and what you want from it.
Although Phil might have already filled in a few blanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasons greetings to all on the forum!! Echo sentiments above, great forum thanks to all the members & the admin. Met some great folks at ride outs & trackdays. Look forward to some meets next year.

Last edited:
Back