Gen 1 issues

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutl3y

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,
is there a thread on here with regards to known issues with Gen 1 bikes if they are tracked? Is there any reliability issues if it looks like they have been well looked after? All those that have had a gen 1 on track are they easy to live with as a tracker or should I just take the plunge and put me gen 3 on track although i'm still apprehensive about possibly sending it up the road.
cheers Mut

ive a gen 1 track bike and its been quite reliable. ive had her 3 years now and done around 40+ track days on her. last year she did start jumping out of 5th to 4th but i did the heavy detent spring mod and since then shes been good (about 8 days and no issues). ive just fit all the alpha racing switch gear and ignition mods as these can cause some issues but all in all good.

Hi all,
is there a thread on here with regards to known issues with Gen 1 bikes if they are tracked? Is there any reliability issues if it looks like they have been well looked after? All those that have had a gen 1 on track are they easy to live with as a tracker or should I just take the plunge and put me gen 3 on track although i'm still apprehensive about possibly sending it up the road.
cheers Mut

Gen 3 is better all day long.... really doesn't compare to my gen 1 I had.
Riders really must get rid of this crashing thought on track. If you ride on track like you ride on the road then it's 99% guaranteed you wont crash. Crashing comes into it when you try and chase a quicker rider and surpass yr ability. There is no where else that you will learn more about yr bike than in a controlled environment like on track. Trackdays are not race days, you do not have to ride outside yr comfort zone, you do not have to stress when yr overtaken, the biggest enjoyment is going home (with yr bike) in one piece.
Get it on track !! :eagerness:

thanks for replys fellas,
I know what your saying about riding out of your limits, however over the last 12 months I have been off twice through no fault of my own but i suppose if its gonna happen its gonna happen.
ahh well think minds made up, will put me gen 3 on track, :single_eye:
hope its not a case of I told you so, lol
cheers once again
Mut

thanks for replys fellas,
I know what your saying about riding out of your limits, however over the last 12 months I have been off twice through no fault of my own but i suppose if its gonna happen its gonna happen.
ahh well think minds made up, will put me gen 3 on track, :single_eye:
hope its not a case of I told you so, lol
cheers once again
Mut

You know it makes sense :eek:nthego:
What were the reasons of yr no fault offs ?

You know it makes sense :eek:nthego:
What were the reasons of yr no fault offs ?

1st 1 was in portimao last October, my mate come up the inside on the tight left a couple of corners from the fast right just before start/finish straight,
next corner lost the front straight in front of me, couldn't do nowt and ran right him to him (literally). 1 busted collar bone later back on track in the April.
2nd was Alcarass this October, 1st day, 3rd session, 5 of us in a row half a lap, some donut decided to come hell for leather again up the inside, hard on the anchors, off of the anchors, forks pop up wobble wobble takes 3 of us out. this time only the bike had the issue, bad case of gravel rash.
so its not a case of how i'm riding but how some of the "rossi wannabe's" ride :) that makes me nervous about taking it on track
Mut

Back